planet 35 Antidote

After the hellish day of training under you, which the other hashira ended up joining the later half of, the lower ranks were exhausted. Little did they know that there day was about to get worse.

"Alright that is all for today, I expect all training gear to be put in their respective areas and everyone to be by the entrance to the estate in 10 minutes! I need to have a few final words with you all before I let you go for the day!" You announced as you put your practice polearm away from training with the hashira.

"Yes ma'am!"

You made your way to the entrance and sat down with Tanjiro who was already there.

"If you don't mind me asking, you've smelt very anxious, guilty and I guess... sad lately, not to mention you are being way stricter on the others. Are you okay?" He asked, turning to you with concern in his eyes.

You paused for a moment, questioning if you really wanted to tell him what you were doing. With a sigh you began "have you ever had to make a decision that you don't want to, it is the best choice for everyone and their survival however if they were to ever know about it they would hate you forever. Especially the one you love the most." You looked into his eyes.

"I guess that these feelings I'm having as a result are bringing old feelings that I've been suppressing back to the surface and it's all crashing down."

The boy pulled you into a hug, allowing you to cry into his shoulder. "If you ever need to talk, I'm always here to listen"

"Could you come with me to my estate? It will be easiest to explain it there, plus we don't have to worry about..." You looked into the bush nearby, giving the one hidden there a sharp glare "any unwanted ears"

He turned look at the bush as well "you can come out now" you said as one of the low ranked slayers exited the bush "it's rude to listen to personal conversations, I suggest you think before you act."

"Yes ma'am, I'm sorry, that was very out of line. I guess my curiosity got the best of me."

"I'll make sure that never happens again" you gave him a sinister smile as other slayers began to arrive one by one.

After a few minutes everyone was there. "All of you will be coming to my estate tomorrow as I'm sure you are aware so me and Shinobu Kocho can teach about poisons, antidotes, how to use them and so on. I suggest that every one of you who didn't participate in the third training activity comes prepared because after your class will be your punishment."

You paused to look at everyone there "I have an obstacle course of sorts located in the mountains behind my estate. Everyone will be assigned two numbers and that is how many times I expect you to go up and down the mountain and the amount of days you are given to do so." You gave them all a smile "fail to do so and I'm sure the master wouldn't mind if I had a few human experiments for a while"

Everyone shuddered at the thought. "What about those who did participate in third activity?" One person asked dispite his fear.

"They will be given free access to the mountain if they wish to train more however we will have a more fun training activity. I'm sure all of you who will be partaking will enjoy it very much. Other than that I believe that concludes today's training. Help yourself to some food and be on your way, be sure to sleep plenty. You will need it"

You walked out and mentioned for Tanjiro to follow you. After you were a good distance away you began to speak "I guess we should start on my past, all stories start from the beginning right" you let out a small chuckle, followed by a sigh.

"We have similarities in our pasts you know. I was trained to be a demon slayer by my mother as both of my parents were slayers. A month before the final selection I went to buy gifts for my family Incase I didn't come home. My dad died when I was six and I had a mom, two sisters and two brothers.
I was on my way home, it was late at night. There was blood everywhere but no bodies, they had all turned into demons and began attacking me"

You turned to look at his expression. "I was badly injured and I tried to kill myself, as I began to slit my throat the blade was kicked away just in time by Shino's older sister, kanae who is no longer with us. She and Shino had to behead my entire family, I didn't even get to see their last moments."

You felt his arms wrapped around you as tears collected in your eyes. "All the anxiety and Guilt I've been feeling kind of... Brought back memories of how I felt at that time and the feelings of... Not wanting to be here anymore have been coming back." You let your tears fall onto his shoulder. "You are too kind Tanjiro, do you know that?" You asked between sobs.

He responded by simply patting your back a few times. "We should go to your estate. You told me you have something to show me right?"

You nodded as you moved away from the hug, wiping your eyes for a moment before continuing to your estate.

That times was fairly quite, only a few words every now and then until you arrived. "We will have to go my lab. Before we enter I need you to promise that what you see here, stays here."

He nodded hesitantly as you unlocked the door and allowed him to enter with you.

"I doubt that anyone has been told yet other than the hashiras, after all I am the only one who knows the whole story"

"What story?"

"In 28 days now, muzan is coming"

He froze in place, an obvious look of fury rising onto his face "I have no choice other than to push the lower ranks beyond their limits in preparation or they will die in the battle and I can barely to see that."

"Just like how I can't stand to see anyone else die so Ive had to do some... Unethical research"

"What kind of research?"

You grabbed another key ring and unlocked all five of the locks on a door in the corner of the room. You let the door open slowly as the look on horror on his face became worse. You had several demons trapped there, different poisons and concoctions being steadily injected into their bodies.

"I'm working on reproducing an antidote, poison, whatever you wish to call it that I made. One of the ingredients is demonic blood." You sighed "I would be able to make it stronger, strong enough to regenerate limbs over time however that would quickly reveal the ingredients of the antidote, it would also take a bit more research but I'm part of the way there."

"I understand your reasons, I smell honesty from you however I don't agree with your methods." He turned away from the door. "I won't tell anyone as long as you can ensure that it is safe"

"It is, as long as you don't have any more than five doses there won't be any side affects. Six to ten will have varying side affects and potential demonic transformation for weaker bodies, eleven to fifteen will have demonic transformation for moderate bodies and more than twenty will result in demonic transformation for strong bodies."

"Where would I be on that list?"

"You would need, Im guessing 16-17 doses for demonic transformation. However due to your strong mentality and knowledge of the antidote you could push 20-22 with some side affects but no transformation"

"And what is the max dosage you will be teaching?"

"10 maximum for normal slayers, 15 maximum for hashira"

He nodded in acknowledgment. "I'm glad that you can trust me with this I swear that I won't tell anyone of your research"

"Thank you Tanjiro, you are first and probably only person that I have and ever will tell about it." You gave him a hug and let him exit the room, you following behind "you can stay the night here if you want. You are probably tired from the training"

"Thank you for the offer, if it isn't an inconvenience to you than of course."

"I have futons in the closet right here, the bathroom is right next door to it. I'll see you in the morning

END
WORD COUNT: 1475