planet 28 Gyokko p1 (unedited)

You were released from the clinic later that day and decided to pursue the demon. You looked at the stars and the previous days in your book to pinpoint the location of the demon you walked and found muichiro fighting a fish-like demon.

You quickly jumped out of the trees
"Space breathing, Form 6, Black Hole"
You sliced through the vase on it's head.

"That isn't the main body, likely just a manifested segment, the main body should be..." You began to flip through notes and such you made in the clinic "that way, about one and a half miles or so"

"That is where the blade is being restored!" A small voice yelled from behind muichiro.

"Who might you be?" You bent down to show you are not a threat.

"I'm kotetsu, haganezuka is restoring a 300 year old blade, he is in a shack with another swordsmith. he can't be distracted"

"Got it" you turned to muichiro "me and you will fight him, I was sent here to investigate on this demon, it it definitely a kizuki, likely an upper rank" you turned to the terrified child "kotetsu I'm going to need you to go to the clinic, you will be safest there, take this with you" you handed him a small dart gun with 5 darts "if you see a demon, shoot it with this, it is coated in a poison that is deadly to demons" the terrified child ran off as you stood up.

"That child is such a bother" muichiro mentioned before running off in the direction of the demon. You quickly caught up with him. "He is weak, and I don't quite understand him"

"You were once a helpless child as well, you can judge if you once were, all you can do is sympathise and help them grow to be strong" you looked at him with confusion"and what do you mean by you don't understand him?"

"But I have no memory of that time" he closed his eyes "there for the me that I am never was a weak child"

"Soon all will change" he gave you a confused expression "something life-changing will happen soon, likely tonight or tomorrow, the stars say so"

"I don't believe in those kinds of things"

"The stars don't lie, just you wait Muichiro"

"If something 'life changing' happens within the time frame you gave me I will wear your uniform for a week"

You started laughing "you better prepare yourself then" he simply sighed "but once again, how does kotetsu confuse you?"

"I'm sure he hated me not to long ago, but I simply complete my duty as a demon slayer and suddenly I'm a savior"

You facepalmed "the normal you would bother to save someone you deemed weaker or of less importance than you. I'm glad that something changed though"

You turned forward and saw the vases "leave the vase by the bushes, destroy any others, they will likely be used as weapons against us"

"You don't need to order me around"

"Space Breathing, Form 8, Saturn's Rings"

Any vases other than the designated one were destroyed as an angered demon emerged. His skin was white and his eyes were mouths and his mouth and 3rd eye were eyes. He had tiny arms and in all honesty, he was one of the most ugly demons you have ever seen

"What. The. FUCK. Is. That?" You pointed at the creature.

"I am Gyokko, an artist, you two seem like the perfect audience to see my most recent peice"

"No thanks"

"Anyways" he made a new vase and several swordsmith with swords in them, bleeding out with broken masks came from the new vase.

"You call that art?" You turned around and vomited from disgust "that looks like you tried to recreate cold carrot soup with a dusty sock"

The demons face became red with rage as he went for an attack, creating another two vases from which goldfish came out of. You both stared at them for a moment before they shot needles at the both of you. you jumped out of the way with muichiro however you were slightly slower, getting struck with a few of them. He aimed for the neck while you aimed for the vase, it quickly made a new vase and moved to it as you destroyed the old one.

"You are a monster, to destroy such beautiful art without a second thought, however for your smarts I will make sure to turn you into my best art peice"

"Are you done?" You jumped into the air to make a direct attack to distract him while muichiro makes the true attack. He evaded once again, sending the fish needles at muichiro while he trapped you in a giant vase of water.

You were just fed up with this ugly fish's games, you made an attack with some of the remaining air you held in your lungs

'Space Breathing, Form 7 modified, orbit'

You spun in a circle is much as you could but it was a fruitless attempt as the vase simply moved with your attacks. You began trying to communicate to muichiro, you needed more air to escape and he needed to ensure that the demon did not enter the shack.

Good news he understood to go the shack

Bad news he did not try to put any air in the vase for you.

You watched his figure go to the shack where the demon was whipping a swordsmith, trying to get him to break his focus. You watched as muichiro attempted to kill the domin once again, only to be attacked by the needles as he moved to another vase. Your vision became blurry as your leg began to ache, you reached down to your left leg which was punctured by 7 needles total.

Your head began to feel light as you pulled them out. Considering that you wouldn't drown this quickly they were likely poisoned. You looked around once again, you saw muichiro who was now a pincushion and also stuck in a vase. You closed your eyes and began to accept your fate, you were going to die.

END

Word count: 1033

Sorry abt the cliffhanger but I'm trying to get this chapter out bc yeah