Chapter eight

Tris opened his eyes. He woke up from his bed, wiping tiredness off his eyes. He turned his face to look at the broken window. Glass was all over the floor. Everyone was too tired to do anything about it last night.

Tristan got down from bed and walked the stairs down to find some wooden planks next to the stairs. Now he only needed a hammer and a little bit of other stuff.

Tristan took a hammer from the corner of the fireplace. "Wake up", he said to Elijah who had fallen asleep next to the fire. "Oh hey", Elijah said. "Why are you up?" he asked. "I found some planks to fix the window", Tristan said. "We will go to the town in next week", he said. "But if we don't fix it now, it will rain inside and stuff", Tris said. Elijah nodded. "And you thought that you can fix it alone?" Elijah asked. "Yeah, everyone else is sleeping", Tristan said. "Yeah, well i can help you."

Together Trsitan and Elijah got upstairs. "I can hold the plank", Elijah said. "Okay. I can use the hammer", Tristan answered and swung the hammer in his hand. Elijah hold the plank and Tristan used the hammer.

"Ay what the hell!?" Elliot said waking up. "We are fixing the window, sorry. Oh and by the way, it's time to wake up anyway. We have the farm we have to work for", Tristan said. Elijah nodded. "That's true", he said. "Alright, alright i'll get up", Elliot said and got up from his bed stretching his arms and yawning very loudly. "Dude shut up you sound like a lion that just woke up from in the middle of the world war 3!" Filiph yelled and turned to his other side. Boys couldn't help but to wheeze like water kettles.

"Alright", Elliot wheezed. "That starts to sound like snake!" Jacob laughed. Boys laughed again. "Let's go to the farm", Jacob said. Elijah, Elliot, Jacob and Tristan left the room. Filiph was the youngest so he took care of the house while others were gone.

Tristan walked to the field. The smell was there as soon as he took his first breath, the smell of dirt, flowers, grass and other things.

"So what should we do?" Elliot asked. "Let's pair up, we have to dig so we can get the seeds to the ground", Elijah said. He knew everything about taking care of a farm, that was just how he was. "I'll go with Tristan", Jacob said. "Alright. Elliot, enjoy your time with me!" Elijah laughed. Elliot slapped his forehead and sighed but smiled anyway.