Chapter twelve

[ Warning: In this chapter there will be some mentions of self harm. If you don't feel comfortable to read it's okay to skip! <3 ]

Tristan walked in rain. The bridge under his feet was an old stone bridge. Tristan wiped water off his face and just then there was a noice of a horse heard. Tristan felt a punch on his stomach as suddenly a white horse attacked him. Tristan fell down on the dirty ground and shielded his face. "Wow! Rose! Calm down!" a familiar voice tried to calm down the horse. "Oh dear lord! Hey are you okay?" a man yelled and got on his knees next to Tristan, trying to wake him up. "Yeah i'm good..", Tristan mumbled and slowly opened his eyes just to see Keith's worried eyes. "Tristan! For the love of the god! Are you okay?" Keith asked and helped Tristan to sit. "Keith? What are you doing here?" Tristan asked, holding his head. "Did you hit your head? Your bleeding! Here, let me help you", Keith said ignoring the question.

"No no, it's fine", Tristan said and got up. "No you hurt yourself. Come on, let me get you healed", Keith said and grabbed Tristan's hand. "You don't have to.. I need to get back home..", Tristan mumbled. Then he passed out. "Shit!" Keith sweared and chatched Tristan. "Fuck.. I need to get you home", Keith mumbled to himself and picked up passed out Tristan. He sat on the horse while holding Tristan between his arms. "Sorry man. Soon you will feel better", Keith whispered into Tristan's ear knowing he didn't hear a thing.

A thunder started when Keith finally got up from his horse, holding Tristan in his arms. "Hey! Is someone home?" Keith yelled and knocked the door with his other hand. Elijah opened the door and as soon as he saw Tristan he was about to scream. "What the hell happened to my brother!?" Elijah screamed. Keith just stood there. "I am sorry your majesty!" Elijah said when he suddenly understood who he was talking to. "It's okay. We have to get him inside", Keith said. Elijah let him in. "He was walking on the bridge when Rose, my horse went into a panic and i think he got hurt pretty badly", Keith explained. "I'll go get some bandages!" Elijah said and ran into an other room.

Keith sat down and held Tristan on his lap. "Hey, you awake?" he asked gently when recognizing that Tristan was raising his head up. "Where am i?" Tristan asked weakly. "At your home. I am sorry for what happened", Keith aplogided. Tristan just ignored the apology and sat next to Keith. "Tristan! Thank god your alive!" Elijah said while walking into the room. Tristan just looked at Elijah when he started to bandage Tristan's cuts. "How can i make this up to you guys?" Keith asked. Tristan turned to look at him. "You don't have to. Everything's fine", he mumbled. Keith looked at him a bit worried. "Are you sure about that?" he asked carefully.

Elijah finished with the cuts. "It's a bad weather out there, you can stay in here until the thunder stops", Elijah said to the prince. "Thank you, that's very kind but i don't want to bother you more", Keith said getting up from the bench. "Your not bothering", Tristan said and got up too. "I'll go get us firewood", he said. "Are you sure you can do that?" Keith asked. "I mean, you just woke up."

Why do you care? Tristan thought in his mind. "Yeah. I can do it", Tristan said. "Well let me help, it's the least i can do after all this", Keith asked carefully. "Okay. Just how you want", Tristan said and walked out of the house with the prince. "We keep our wood in here", Tristan told and opened up the door. "Come in", he said to Keith. The woodshed was small for two people so they had to stand close.

"Is it true that you guys live here all by yourself?" Keith asked suddenly. Tristan turned to look at him suprised. "Yeah. Our mom is dead and we don't know our father", Tristan said. Keith grabbed his arm with no warning. "What hurt your arm this bad?" Keith asked. Confused Tristan looked down, then his heart dropped. Keith talked about his scars. The scars he did by himself.

"They are nothing!" Tristan said scared and hid his arm behind his back. "What do you mean by that? Those scars look really bad, come, we should get them cleaned up", Keith said and tried to grab Tristan's hand. Just then a tear ran down on Tristan's cheeck.