Chapter sixteen

It was getting late. "You can have my bed", Tristan said and pointed at his sleeping place. "What? Where are you going to sleep?" Keith asked. "Oh, i keep the fireplace warm over night", Tris said. "No. You look tired.. I can do it", Keith said. Tristan looked at Keith absolutely terrified. "No!"

Keith smiled. "Then i will stay up with you."

"You need to sleep. Today was a rough day for you dude", Tris said. "We switch turns tonight", Filiph said to Tristan. "Oh..", Tristan mumbled. "Then we gotta sleep together", Keith said. Tristan stood there and thought would it be so bad crime to slap the prince. "I'll survive on the floor", Tris said. "Idiot. Take my bed", Filiph said. Tristan nodded. "Great idea", he said. Keith laughed like a watter kettle. "No worries bro, i ain't going to hurt you!" he wheezed.

So that's how it ended. Keith slept in Tristan's bed and Tristan in his brothers bed.

At the morning Keith was the one to wake up first. He slowly got down from the bed and took a look at the fixed window, there was some small holes where he saw outside. "Tris!" Keith yelled. "What?" Tristan asked tired. "My father! He's here!" Keith panicked and ran towards Tristan. Tristan got up and did not even recognize the fact that he only had a T-shirt on and Keith saw all his scars.

Keith just stood there. He had no idea how to react to the situation. "Go hide into the basement!" Elliot told. He didn't have time to look at Tristan's arms. "Let's go!" Tristan said and grabbed Keith's arm to hide into the basement.

"You did nothing to those cuts", Keith whispered in the basement. "Now it's not the right time to worry about my fucking arms", Tris mumbled. "These look really bad Tristan", Keith said and grabbed Tristans arm. "Not now! You can get fucking killed."

"How are you going to leave this room then? Does your brothers know about your self harm?" Keith asked. Tristan stood quietly. Keith was right. "Take my shirt", Keith whispered and took off his sweatshirt. "And if you don't clean those cuts up, i will do it."

Tris sighed and pressed his head against the ice cold wall. "Why do you care?" he whispered. "Because i know how it feels."