Chapter nine

The sun was starting to go down when boys finally took a break. Tristan sighed deeply. "Gosh", he sweared but felt proud of all the work they got done in the day. "Damn my shoulders will be hurting for the next 3 months!" Jacob said and tried to stretch his hands. "I feel sorry for you bro", Tristan sighed. "Let's go to the house", Elliot said to everyone. Elijah said nothing but walked with them, thinking about random stuff.

Tristan sat down by the table. "You look like your in pain bro", Filiph said and put porridge on the table. "My shoulders are hurting", Tristan said and took the spoon. "I can massage.. Uh.. As a brother", Filiph said. Everyone laughed science they all knew that he was joking.

"You know. It's hard to eat like this!" Tristan wheezed. Filiph slapped his head. "Ow", Tristan laughed.

After everyone finished their meals it was time to take some free time for everybody. "Thanks Filiph", Tristan said and sat next to the fire, enjoying how warm it was. He took an old book from the shelf. "Has someone read this one yet?" he asked. They had only three books in the whole house. "I don't yhink so", Elliot, the bookworm, said. "Do you think it would be interesting?" Tris asked. "Why? You don't like reading?"
  "Nah, i just need something to spend my time on", Tristan said and sighed. "Yeah, i guess it would be good", Elliot said. "I need a shower", he said. "Mhm", Tristan mumbled and opened the first page of the old book.

Just then, they heard a knock on the door. "I can", Tristan stopped Elijah, put the book down and walked to the door. There was a man at the door, well, a teenager about the same age as Tristan himself. His face was calm and neutral, eyes bright and his clothes were clean. "Hi, do you live here?" the boy asked. Tristan just stood there staring at the boy. "I have seen you before?" he said before even noticing what he said. The man looked suprised by the answer but ended up just laughing. "I'm Keith, the prince", he said. "Oh! I'm so sorry your majesty!" Tristan almost yelled and bowed down.

Keith laughed. "It's alright", he said. "Oh, yes i do live in here", Tris said and couldn't help but to feel embarrased by his weird acting towards the king's child. "Good. Can i ask what's your name?" Keith asked, not caring about how Tristan talked to him. "My name is Tristan."
  Keith smiled. "Are you the oldest one in here?" he asked. "No, Elijah, my big brother is the oldest. Do you want to talk to him?" Tris asked. "No need to, i was just curious", Keith said. He cleared his voice before continuing: "my father is interested in these lands, from the farm to be exact. He wanted us to make a deal about it, he wants the whole farm to himself", Keith said. "We can't do that", Tristan said. "Well, you didn't let me finish. He needs the farm because it's the best in the village and lately the other farms are not doing so well anymore. You have to pay to me or to him to keep the farm. I'm sorry but this is what the king decided."

Tristan looked terrifyied. "How much do we have to pay?" he asked. Keith suddenly looked sad. "100 000£", he said. "I'm sorry", Keith whispered. "I can't change this."
  "Why are you sorry?" Tristan asked suprised. "My father is not a fair man", Keith said very quietly before getting on his white horse and leaving from the wooden gate.