1

~{   T H E   A R R I V A L   }~

"Whoooo!" I cheer, the wind blowing through my hair as Taysein took us up through the clouds, spinning in circles. 

I start to think back as to what happened earlier, my mood instantly falling which caused Taysein to huff. "I'm sorry." I pat the side of his neck, moving my body so I could lay flat on my stomach.

"Ao'nung is just jealous he wants to be the 'greatest warrior' of the clan, plus, he's unhappy that it's a girl to to be it." 

Taysein let out a few grumbles, throwing his head around.

We always communicated like this, ever since I was just a girl too. He's been my bestfriend from the day I was born and to this day. 

He was once my fathers from when he completed his hunter tests. Taysein has protected me from the bad that has happened and knows when I am sad to try and cheer me up. 

They say a Ikran is only supposed to fly with one hunter or warrior in their time, but that is untrue. That warrior/ hunter can give their Ikran to their child in a time of great need and in need of protection.

"I know." I sigh, rolling onto my back. "He's a dick."

"Maybe one day we can go to the forest. Maybe they'll except me more there." I ask myself with a shrug, looking up at the sea of blue. 

I wipe the hair out of my face as I hear the horn blow. Trouble.

"Taysein, go to the trees." He obliges, shooting down into the trees unseen by the trespassers. 

Climbing of Taysein, I send him to the shadows for him to blend in more, though his night vision patterns which shone bright midnight blue.

I hid behind a tree, taking my bow and an arrow from my back and watching as they landed. 

More Ikrans?

"What?" I ask myself.

I pull back my arrow, aiming for the first person which stood off their Ikran.

It was a boy. 

He was around my age, had much darker skin, bright yellow eyes, broad shoulders and a muscly body which proved to me he must've been a hunter in his clan along with his cummerbund that he wore.

As I go to release my arrow, a woodsprite landed on the arrowhead, spinning gently which caused me to tilt my head.

It softly flew away, and I lowered my bow, standing out from behind the tree crouching as I watched him.