22

~{   T E ' F I T I R A   }~

Tatia groaned as she rolled over on the hard floor, the memories of last night coming back to her. Looking down to her side from her uprights position, she noticed Neteyam laying on his back, one of his hand on his stomach with his face tilted to the side slightly.

She winced at the cuts and gashes that covered him in his deep sleep. Instantly, she began to look around to see if there was anything that could help heal him. But as she did, she noticed a massive creature hanging upside down by it's tail; that was wrapped around a large tree branch, sleeping like a bat.

It was the Telua. 

Deciding to be more quiet, she looked around at the plants and things she could use at bandages until she finally caught some. 

Making her way back down to Neteyam, she knelt beside him and placed the make-shift bandages by her side as her hands glided over his cummerbund.

He wouldn't care? Right? I'm just trying to heal him...?

Shaking away her thoughts, Tatia gulped as her hands worked to under the tight attire, eventually managing to rip it off and place next to her.

Though for some reason, she got overwhelmed with emotions and her eyes began to get teary. Grabbing his hand for her own comfort, she traced her fingers over the lines of his palm as she sighed and gulped. 

"I thought you died... I thought... I thought I'd never had gotten the chance to say that... that I love you." 

What the girl didn't know, was that Neteyam had woken up just as she began trying to take off his cummerbund and was listening to ever word she spoke to him as she began to bandage him up.

"When you first stepped onto my island, I was up in he trees. Watching, waiting. But all I could focus on was you. I had my bow and arrow ready, ready to kill you, but then... an atokirina landed on my bow. I knew it meant something, I just didn't know what. I was scared."

"I hate feeling scared, it makes me feel weak... ive been strong for so long and when you came along, everything changed. You gave me people to care about other than my people. You gave me a brother and sisters, a mother. And... even though I don't like him, I have your fathers back."

"You made me care about you." Her hand stroked his face as she whispered her words. "You made me care about you more than anyone I have cared about before. You changed me..."

"Before you came, everyone was either scared of me or disgusted by me. But you... you didn't care." 

A tear rolled down her cheek which fell onto Neteyam's face. "You see me for all that I am... nobody has before. You have no idea how much you mean to me, Teyam. I don't want Ao'nung. I don't want living in a hut with him and having no power. I don't want to feel like I have the last 17 years."