Chapter 6 - Playing to his Ego.

The next scene to play out was everything she had come to learn about the King of her homeland. He was always said to be heartless and cruel, but she had never expected to witness it in her lifetime.

Then the door was flung open and the King ordered the knights to enter her anixty sky rocked. She glanced at Tyson with fear in her eyes, but he was shitting himself as much as she was. His mouth gaping open and his jaw trembling.

"Cut out his tongue," Haith ordered.

Turns out there really was a reason for that rule. Only speak when spoken to.

Kirea's blood ran cold as she froze on the spot, unable to move she watched as time seemed to slow. The men entered the room and she looked on in complete horror. Her eyes unwillingly followed the Knights as they appeared to walk at an agonizingly slow pace past her.

The sound of the Knights amour clucking and tinking as he walked, echoed loudly through the small room. It was the same man that had backhanded her mother. She only realized this after he had met her gaze, he'd allowed the edge of his mouth to creep up into a smile. A twisted attempt at a greeting that left her body slightly shaking.

Then, Tyson stupidly tried to flee, she could see his mouth moving but couldn't discern the words. Maybe he had screamed? Her ears were ringing, only the loud buzzing rang through her head as she couldn't tear her gaze away from the men. Was he pleading for his life?

She heard the Knight unsheathed his sword, the sound of metal dragging across metal sent a shiver up her spine. Was he seriously going to do this with that huge blade? Her eyes were wide. For some unknown reason, she couldn't force herself to look away.

The second Knight that had entered the room to assist glanced at her. His expression was disgruntled or maybe unfazed. He didn't look pleased to be there. It was this Knight who apprehended Tyson and held him firmly. The first yanked on Tyson's tunic moving him to stand next directly beside Kirea. The action was entirely intentional.

"You're gonna love this." He mocked.

She recognized his voice as the Knight that had been told off my his commander earlier that day. He shoved his leather gauntlet into Tyson's mouth. Tyson tried to bite his assault, but the material proved to be stronger, or at least resilient to the toothy grip. The Knight pulled Tyson's tongue out and proceeded to slice the small piece of flesh clean off in one clean swift movement of his blade. It had only taken a moment, and it was gone.

Tyson tried to scream, but as blood filled his mouth only a horrid gargling sound managed to escape. The Knight flung the tongue at Kirea, hitting her square on the cheek. Her body was shaking as she felt the thing slide down her skin. It plopped onto her shoulder and then found its way to the floor, leaving behind a trail of blood.

"Quiet courageous that one, isn't she?" Lord Haith was licking his fingers of chicken juice as he spoke.

"Huh, first women I've seen not to break down in tears, or run." The Knight remarked. "I would love to have her at the barracks one night..." He licked his lips.

She felt sick, her mind spinning. She needed to do or say something. "I-I would never run, My Lord. I trust your judgment, any punishment given by you is surely well deserved." She tried hard to not let her voice waver.

She watched as Haith puffed out his chest, a pleased look on his face. She was pampering his ego, and it was working.

"Indeed, it most certainly was well deserved." He tilted his head and raised a brow at her. "Come here, child." He motioned for her with his index finger.

She nodded and moved her shaky body against its will and better judgment, lest her tongue be next to be detached. She stood before the King in nothing but her undergarments and a washcloth.