Chapter 28 - My Life to Yours.

Henry appeared exhausted, they had spent quite some time making their way up the cliff. Ren's legs could bearly hold his weight and the steep steps had posed a problem. He had to practically be dragged up the rough carved staircase.

Ren, much to his dismay, had been instructed to keep quiet and not wander off. However, that proved harder than it had first sounded. Everything around him was new and fascinating, he was simply amazed by every little thing. He was like a child in a playground, he couldn't keep his mouth shut or stop wandering off whenever Henry stopped to check the path ahead was clear.

His antics had resulted in Henry having to hold his hand for most of the way to her room. Ren wiggled his nose making a face, he didn't like the feel of this human's hand on his. But he also didn't blame the human for taking such a precaution.

"I don't like it either, but somebody is not making this easy for me!" Henry hissed in a hushed tone as they rounded a corner.

The stone walls in the castle were different to his cave, for one thing, they were dry and dull in colour, and they didn't glisten and shine with the water's reflection. He taped a red coloured brick. It appeared to be some sort of building block, the humans had used a type of aggregate in between each stone to build walls.

Henry yanked Ren away from the wall and forced the Siren to keep moving. Kirea's room was closer than his, he wanted nothing more to get the merman dressed, but given the amount of difficulty it had been to get this far, he couldn't risk it.

Finally, they appeared to reach Kirea's room, it was closer to the edge of the castle than Ren had thought. Better for him, though it had been a long and wobbly walk to begin with. He was walking normally now, able to maneuver the new legs easier than he thought in such a short time.

"Stay in here with her, do not leave the room. I'll be back with some clothes for you, okay?" Henry hissed, clearly he was upset.

Ren nodded and was soon left alone in the room. Though the slight, soft breathing sounds coming from the soft-looking rectangle meant that he wasn't alone. He smiled, she was simply adorable. Approaching the side of the furniture he knelt beside her sleeping form. A soft glow could faintly be seen beneath the bundles of fabric she was wrapped up in. Her hand clutching his precious gift to her, his heart soared at the mere sight of her.

He leaned forward his hand reaching out to gently stroke her cheek. "Kirea, I've come to see you this time." His voice was soft and soothing. He wanted to let her sleep, but for what he needed to do he would need her awake, or else she would wake in a panic mid-way through.

The door flung open from behind him and Henry came charging in, clothing in hand. The human gasped dropping the fabric out of sheer shock, his hands flying to his eyes to cover them.

Confused Ren tilted his head looking up at him from his position on the floor.

"G-Good god Ren, you can't sit like that with nothing on your backside!" Henry's face was growing slightly red he noticed.

Ren was crouched down and leaned forward, his bare buttocks showing for all the world to see.

"You did not react like that in the cavern." Ren was confused, but still, he righted himself and took on a more straight posture.

"You caught me off guard is all." Henry kicked over the fabric that was now on the floor. "Put that on." He walked over to Kirea and inspected her. He gently pulled the covers up over her shoulders and sighed. "She's sleeping soundly, good."

"I will need to wake her to give her some of my essence," Ren stated.

Henry's head snapped to him, a glare in his eyes. "You let her rest, stay with her until she wakes then you can do what you need to."