Chapter 11 - Magic and Stuff.

Kirea left the elves to their own devices. She knew nothing about magic, or as the mage Riku had corrected them, essence. She would be of no help to them and only prove to be a nuisance and get in their way. She sat with her hands buried in the sand staring out at the ocean, the crashing waves spraying mist over her, oddly it had a calming effect. Though the ocean always did.

Henry had returned several times as the hours began to pass, he was dropping off supplies. Slowly but surely everything she had requested on the list she'd written last night made its way to the beach. He never asked what they were for, though the occasional odd facial expression did appear across his face. Even the occasional shake of the head as he unloaded more and more.

Plants, cleaning supplies, fresh live fish in seawater, a swimsuit for herself, ladders, decorative rocks and a bucket of sea snails all rested in the shade of the cliffside. The trip to bring the supplies to the beach was a long one, Henry couldn't risk bringing the items down the narrow path of the cliff side. Though in truth she secretly wished to witness the travesty that would ensue if he tried. Instead, he had to trek the length of the bench to the west to the town that surrounded the castle and back again. She'd offered her help but he'd just snarled at her, as if offended to be helped by a woman.

This left her sitting alone on the bench with nothing to do but become lost in her own thoughts. What worried her the most was how she was going to get the Siren down here. She may have to convince the King to let Henry in on his new pet project if she stood a chance of getting him down the cliff. And if the King didn't want people knowing about his newfound interest in fish people she couldn't wheel him through the city and along the beach like Henry could with the supplies, she'd cause a spectacle.

She groaned. "I don't know what to do!" Falling backward with flailing arms she lay down on the sand, finding little comfort in the grainy ground cover.

Riku filled her vision as the elf bent over her form blocking the sun. "What has your mind so occupied?"

Looking up at the elf she smiled and half laughed. "The dilemmas of a human girl trying to get something to the beach without anyone seeing it."

"Cover and carry it?" She offered.

Kirea laughed at the idea, lifting her arms to show off her non-existent guns. "I lack the strength to carry anything down those horrible stairs of doom."

Riku glanced at the cliffside, running her eyes over the winding path of stone. "Hmmm, you have a point. Perhaps then I could be of assistance." She smiled down at Kirea again. "You see, water can be a portal, normally between worlds but I should be able to create something that can transport something that is close by between two points."

"Magic him down here?" Was that even possible?

Riku cringed at the word. "If you will, yes. But I need you to place something into the water where he is currently residing in order to connect the two spots. First, however, I need you to come inspect our work and let us know if any adjustments are needed."

Rolling over she pushed herself up. "Right! Hopefully, now I can feel a little more useful."

"You'll be plenty useful soon enough, your care for the creature is highly regarded." Riku pointed out.

Making no comment she followed the elf to the cliffside, puzzled she couldn't see an entrance. They had been working for hours, what wasn't she seeing?

"Watch closely," Riku instructed as she raised a hand to the rocky surface. Lifting it away a soft glow remained where her hand was placed. Then the elf stepped right through the stone disappearing through it as though it were made of water.