Chapter 39 - Goodbyes aren't easy.

Exiting the small boutique she was finding it hard to get her breathing under control. Her heart was racing, pounding in her chest, it wasn't good for her condition. She needed to calm down, but given the events that had just transpired, it was near on impossible.

Her limbs were subtly shaking at the sheer shock of the small encounter, and she couldn't help but wonder how Henry did this almost every day!? She glanced up, her hands clenched together in front of her chest, as she scanned the Knights that had accompanied them. As her gaze locked with Henry's, a pained expression crossed his features. He very nearly stepped forward to aid her, but he couldn't break rank.

The King didn't miss the small moment between them. "Go to her boy, she needs some comfort."

Henry lunged forward, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. She allowed her legs to weaken beneath her accepting his aid, her hands grasped his forearms as she smiled weakly up at him. His embrace did help her a little, but it was oddly nowhere near as soothing as Ren's was.

"She did extremely well, you were right Sir Henry." Lord Haith proceeded to squeeze his way into the carriage before continuing to speak. "In the carriage with you both."

Three people in that tiny thing! Kirea tried her best not to groan aloud. But much to her surprise the King had shifted completely to one side.

Henry, with no hesitation, scooped her up and ascended to the two small steps to enter after the King. He sat opposite Haith, placing her on his lap with her legs resting on the small seat to his side, it was a much better position than she had put herself in the first time. Though his lap was mildly embarrassing to be sitting on, it was still better than the alternative, which was being jammed up against the King's sweaty meat.

The conversation began but her head was still pounding, though her breathing had slowed she wasn't able to take in as much air or breathe as deeply as she wanted. To her surprise, she was forced to lean slightly forward, a cloth was placed below her mouth and her back was lightly patted. She hadn't even realised she was about to have an attack yet, but Henry had. The position made it easier for her to cough into the material without choking or gasping for air, small amounts of blood seeped onto the cloth. Thankfully, since her last attack hadn't been that long ago there wasn't much of a build-up.

"She's sick!" The King exclaimed in a snarl.

"Red Lung is not contagious My Lord, but yes... she is," Henry spoke on her behalf. His tender voice could easily be mistaken for affection.

"But that disease has died out, no one lived past their 20's." The King retorted panicked. He was beginning to press himself against the back of the carriage in an attempt to put distance between them.

"She and her mother have extensive medical knowledge, a cue is impossible but they managed to extend her life." Henry continued to pat her back until she was once again completely breathing properly.

"Then, she is not long for this world." The King's tone lowered slightly as he relaxed back into his seat with a smile.

It gave Kirea chills. She was sure it was even more reason for him to bring her in on his plan.

"Indeed." Was all the Knight managed while Kirea finally came back to herself. "Elevating her heart rate will bring on an attack, I was worried since she was breathing heavily earlier."

Though that was normally true, it wasn't in her case, her last attack had only been a day ago, and they were never this frequent. She couldn't shake the feeling that there was something he wasn't telling her. Though it was most likely that it needn't be discussed in front of the King. Wiping her mouth with the cloth she sat up correcting her posture.