Chapter 25

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act upon them?- Buddha

Chapter 25

Zephyr

The unexpected phone call from Nirvana making amends of our previously broken relationship has me feeling peaceful and happy but that mood soon dissipates when my roommate from hell comes swaggering through the door.

I inwardly groan. Of course. Like the saying goes: everything good must come to an end. The end being my good mood. After spending almost three days crashing at Isabelle's and Nidia's dorm room one of the teachers found out and unfortunately forced me to return to mine.

Surprisingly though Sarah inflicted really little pain on me only managing to call me a few names and half heartedly trip me on the way to the bathroom. Maybe her pregnancy is finally catching up to her. A little too late if you ask me.

Instead of calling me her usual barrage of petty names she blows me off without even a glance in my direction. "I don't have time for you Zefner. I have a hot date tonight." She replies braggingly as she enters the bathroom. Well lucky me. Or should I say lucky Zefner.

"Shouldn't you be staying home?" I question gently not wanting to anger her but showing slight concern if not for her, then for her baby who looks about ready to pop out of her lady parts and onto our beige carpeted floor any minute now.

"Why would I do that?" She replies gruffly from the slightly open bathroom door. I see a glimpse of her pale bulging figure sitting on the porcelain toilet seat. Ugh.Not the most prettiest of sights.

"Never mind." I reply absentmindedly not wishing to engage further in a conversation with her. If she doesn't see a problem with it I won't either then.

Anyways I have a date of my own with Ethan tonight. Another thing that's put me in a good mood. He's taking me to an under 21 club that's supposed to be all the rage in this side of California. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez had even been known to make appearances there. You know before they both became legal adults.

I slip on a simple dark pink and black dress and small pumps, then patiently wait for Sarah to get out the restroom so I can apply my makeup and fix my slightly frizzy hair. Zephyr likes to keep her kinks natural but I like to straighten it. One because I love the way my hair flows down my back when it's just been straightened, and two because I can't handle the hard work that comes with naturally curly hair.

Sarah finally reemerges from the depths of the bathroom almost a whole twenty minutes later wearing a floral skin tight size 10 dress on her 16 sized frame. I resist the urge to cringe. Definitely not a good look. She needs a dress that fits her right yet is tighten enough to hug her curves in all the right places. Sarah is not a bad looking girl but her poor fashion choice and perpetual scary green eyeliner and blood red lipstick she's always sporting is a major turnoff for guys and girls in general. Neither are the dozens of piercings covering 4 of her five senses.

"You look good." I compliment her hoping I don't sound sarcastic or like I'm lying. Which I truly am.

"Can't say the same for you." She sing songs in sugary false voice as she passes me in the doorway making a point to push past me with her shoulders. Well that's what I get for being nice.

15 minutes later I finish in the restroom and pick up my phone to send Ethan a text message.

'Pick me up at the Wendys' I text. No way was I going to let him pick me up from here. That would surely lead to alot of questions that I didn't have the guile to answer just yet. I feel so bad for not telling him but I haven't had this much fun or liked anyone this much in a while, so my selfishness triumphants over the guilt that I feel. But I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this ruse up. The truth is going to end up spilling to the surface whether it be from my ever increasing baby bump to Ethan's prying questions about where I live and my life story.