conquerors.

The fight had just ended, everyone sitting outside waiting for the fire to be put out by firefighters. After the hug Enid and Wednesday had shared everyone has been whispering about it, constantly. Enid and Wednesday felt more connected than ever after that hug, they felt like they were destined to be — well maybe just Enid, we all know how Wednesday is. Thing crawls into Wednesday's lap.

"I saw the hug." Thing signs.

"I'm aware."

"I thought you died, I was worried."

"I could've."

"Speaking of, Enid didn't even know she would wolf out, she had a chance of dying and still decided to save you. Don't you think that means something?" Thing signs.

"I don't know, you tell me. Her and Ajax seem to be hanging out again."

"Are you jealous?" Thing teases.

"Shut your fingers before I leave you with two."

"Geez, I was only asking." Thing signs, laying down on Wednesday's lap. Enid walks over to the bench Wednesday is sitting on, Ajax following behind.

"Wednesday, Ajax wants to apologize" Enid says, scooting over for Ajax to be right in front of Wednesday. Wednesday rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry Wednesday, I know you hate me but I- I was afraid you'd hurt her is all." Ajax pouts.

"How fabricated."

"I'm not lying." Ajax replies, sitting next to Wednesday. Wednesday scoots over to keep her distance.

"Look, if you don't wanna forgive me, fine. But at least believe me." Ajax says. Wednesday nods.

"Ajax, how about you go talk to Xavier." Enid winks. Ajax rolls his eyes and gets up to leave.

"Now that he's gone, it's just us."

"Exciting." Wednesday replies, sarcastically. Enid carefully sits down close beside Wednesday, her wounds still hurt.

"Your still hurting."

"Yeah, I'll be okay."

"Why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Risk your life — for me."

"Because I love you." Enid responds.

"But what if you didn't wolf out."

"But I did, and we're both alive." Enid replies, putting her hand on Wednesday's thigh as reassurance. Thing crawls over and lays on top of Enid's hand. Wednesday doesn't know how to feel, she's never been cared for this way, never been seen as loving, or caring, she was just Wednesday. But with Enid, she's someone completely different, someone who cares. Enid takes a glance at Wednesday, smiling. "Oh, how beautiful she is" Wednesday thought to herself, as she looked at Enid, she felt a smile tugging at her lips, she manages to keep it hidden though. Thing scurries up on Enid's shoulder, so he could sign something to Wednesday.

"You love her don't you." Wednesday takes a deep breath and nods to Thing.

"You should tell Morticia." Wednesday doesn't respond. The girls hear footsteps heading towards them, it's Xavier.

"Am I interrupting?" Xavier asks. Wednesday shakes her head.

"Why are you here?" Enid asks.

"Wanted to make sure you two were good, also Eugene should be over in a bit to check up as well." As Xavier says this, they hear another pair of footsteps coming towards them.