Chapter Two

The stall bursts open and I fly back and hit my spine on the sinks and land on the floor. I look up and my eyes land on a pair of boots walking towards me and then stops by my hands. I look more up and spot black jeans, a black trenchcoat and a black hat. The owner's face is hidden, and never speaks, or moves. The figure just stands there, hands clasped in the front of his body. The Killer is human, this could possibly be a ghost. He looks like one. Then the figure extends a white hand towards me, wraps its cold fingers around my arm and pulls me off the floor. My suspicions of it being a ghost is now entirely gone.

Once both of my feet hit the ground I shake his grasp away. "Who the hell are you? What do you want?" I say my hands in fists. The figure lifts his hat to reveal a man, in his forties, with jet black curly hair to his ears. "Hello, do you speak English?" I ask. Still no answer. "Fine how about I repeat myself." I pause as I remember back to my days learning Spanish. "Dónde está el pollo frito?" I translate. The man chuckles a bit. He definitely understood that. "Ms. Gomez. You just asked me 'where is the fried chicken?'" he says.

"In my defence I barely passed the class." I mumble.

The man chuckles again. His voice is very deep, and freaky. "Wait, how do you know my name?" I ask. The man's smile fades. "Right I totally forgot why I'm here. I am The Killer, Teresa." he says. My eyes grown wide and I can't move from my spot. He starts to circle around me but i just stand there. I jump when he runs his fingers through my hair. "What beautiful brown hair you have." he says. "It's actually kind of dark brown." I argue. "Well don't fuss with the color. Soon all you will be is a corpse mangled on this bathroom floor." he says.

"What do you want from me?" I ask, my voice shaky but stern. "It's not what I want from you, it's what I want to use you for." he says. "Like what?" I ask turning my head towards him. "I want to create fear. When a student dies, fear is created." He says. I narrow my eyes at him as he moves to stand directly in front of me. "There is no way in hell I am letting you do that. There will always be hope. There will always be love. There is nothing you can do about it." I say.

Then he grabs my arms and throws me towards the stalls. I hear a bang and a crack. I turn on my back and then the stall wall starts to fall. I turn to run but the wall catches my foot. I feel extreme pain come from my foot, and I know it's broken. The Killer grabs my hair and throws me up against a wall. He comes towards me and I run towards him and throw him into the hand dryers. He screams and bands my head against a wall. Hard enough to hurt, but not hard enough to kill me. He pushes me up against a wall and grabs my throat. He squeezes it and I gasp for air.

"No one has had the guts to fight back. I'm sure this will be fun for me, but painful for you." he says. He releases my throat a bit and goes to throw a punch but I grab it just in time. He steps on my broken foot and I release his hand from pain. Then he goes for the punch again but hits my nose. Then he grabs my throat again. He pushes me away from the wall and throws me up against the mirror, and I fall on the floor along with the glass shards. The Killer pushes me onto my back and grabs my throat again.

"This was fun weakling. Sorry you didn't live long. But life's full of disappointments. Right?" he says. He takes out a knife from his pocket. He puts it on the side of my head, possibly making a cut. My vision is blurry and the blinding white lights are not helping. The knife comes back into view and its bloody. Then he takes the knife and stabs it into my leg. The same leg with my broken foot. He grabs my chin and whispers "You don't look so good." he starts to laugh and then stands up. He kicks my side and then locks the door to the bathroom. Then he walks away. I watch as he exits through the toilets.

Once I am positive he is gone I try to move. I bang on the door, my hand in extreme pain. Its broken like my foot, like my soul. "Help!" I croak out. I try to stand but fall, unlocking the door in the process. I lay on my back on the floor in a puddle of my own blood. This is the end for me, I'm just wanting the pain to end. I want the suffering to stop. What's going to happen to Kyler and Thomas? How will they find out? I don't want them to see me like this. They are like my brothers, my only family. I can't imagine life without them. I really hope this school has some brains and never shows them my lifeless body. Ever.

The door handle wiggles and then someone pushes it open. I feel my arm move but I could be wrong. I look up at a girl with curly hair, blonde. Her face is blurry. "Oh my god! Tess!" the girl screams. She kneels and removes her white sweatshirt. She presses it up to my head. "Jason! Babe get help!" she screams. It's Caley, she can't see me like this. I don't want her to be scared or sad. The Killer could still be here... I cannot let her get harmed. "Tess who did this? Tess can you hear me?" she asks. "Don't leave us. Just hang on, Tess." She says. Her mouth is moving but all I hear is ringing. She glances at my leg and goes to remove the knife and screams. She starts to shake my shoulders a bit but I don't feel anything. My vision turns white and I can't see her anymore.

I look towards the door and see Jason come in the doorway. The Principal and then I notice a crowd of kids behind them. Gladly Kyler and Thomas are not among them. I look up at the ceiling and my vision becomes completely white. I can see Caley a bit behind the blanket of white. A tear rolls down my cheek as I close my eyes for the very last time.