Chapter 20

Jason and I walk down the rainy Seattle streets with our slushies. We both forgot the fair is now closed.

Jason then walks over to a big ole fancy store with nice dresses. "What's up?" I ask.

"Let's go out tonight." He says, taking my slushie and throwing it away.

"Wh- I wasn't finished with that," I say, following him in.

Everything looks so sparkly in here. The chandeliers glisten against the yellowing ceiling. The light reflects making it look like the are millions of little diamonds above us.

"Pick out anything," Jason says.

I look around, trailing my fingers along some sparkly dresses.

Then I cross one that's low cut, sleeveless, purple, and made of thin material. It's full fringe. The back is low. I look at the price tag. "Jesus, seriously $1500?" I ask. "High way fucking robbery."

I take it off the hanger and walk up to the register. I do stop to grab a gold tear drop necklace and some silver heels.

Jason walks up to, he buys black pants, a white buttoned down shirt, and a cowboy hat. I roll my eyes, laughing.

"Really?" I ask.

He puts the hat on me. "I'll be the coolest cowboy in the club." He says.

"Club?" I ask. "Is that where we are going?"

He winks at me and pays.

I go into a dressing room and change my clothes. I put my long coat back to hide the dress a bit. I walk out and Jason is waiting. He's changed too. He rolled his white sleeves up.

"C'mon" Jason says, reaching a hand out. We walk out of the shop and head to his car. We toss our clothes in and then start walking.

When we make it to the club I hand my coat to one of the bouncers who offer.

We walk in, deep purple, deep blue, and white lights circling around like crazy.

People pass with gold drinks and I take one. "What is this place?" I ask over the loud noise of the club music.

Jason chuckles. "It's a club for the rich. It costs half a million for a membership card." He says.

My eyes grow wide. "Geez," I say.

He spins me around and then walks over to a sea of couches and glass tables. Cocaine gets passed around. People snort it up with $100 bills. I roll my eyes. "That is a waste of goddamn money," I say, looking at Jason.

"Relax, it misses me off too." He says. I sigh and throw back my drink. "I would love to spike their drinks," I say, setting the drink on a passing tray and taking a cocktail of sorts.

"I am going to go and get a beer," Jason says in my ear before walking away. I walk over to a small table among the lights and stand there, looking on at people dancing. Hey, they even got pole dancing in random corners. And booths. Why the fuck do rich fucking people do this shit? Honestly, sometimes I see it. It's fun. But use your wealth to help like we did. Do.

Then a man approaches me, a dark-haired man. I look around for Jason but he is gone.

"Not your scene either?" he asks. I give him a look. "No, I just am not interested in conversation," I say.

"Clearly," he says, drinking his champagne.

"Look, dude, I suggest you leave-"

"Let me guess, your boyfriend will be back any minute? Will he rough me up a little?" He asks, winking.