Chapter Nine

Sunlight beams into my face from my black out curtains. I pop an eye open, scanning the room. My eyes immediately land on my lace bra hanging from my lamp. I immediately snatch it, examining. What the fuck happened? There is white powder on my table. Joints. Beer bottles...

I turn to look beside me, a bare back facing me. Oh fuck it wasn't a dream.

I look back over at Jason just as he turns around to look at me, giving me the deer in headlights look. "Tess," he says. He holds his phone up for me to see. I quickly shift and grab it, looking at the article on the screen. A man was found shot at the park near my apartment. A man that was confirmed to be one of the men who broke into the restaurant and stood by while Caley died.

"Did we-" I start, but then Jason points at a gun resting on my dresser. I look at him, beginning to panic myself. We can't stop what we just started.

It comes back to me now. Us drunkenly walking down the street. We found a gun next to a homeless man and snatched it. Looking back at the article at the part that says the homeless man was arrested but the gun was never found. I remember us just finishing having sex, and we got a notification that security camera photos were sent out from that night. This man didn't have a mask on.

We tracked him to the park.

I remember Jason took the first shot at his chest. And I... I took the second to his head.

"We didn't..." I say, tears welling in my eyes. Jason gets up, pulling his boxers on. "Read the rest of the article." He says.

I do as he says. This man was wanted for 4 counts of sexual assault and robbery at gunpoint. They have reason to suspect this was gang activity. Then my heart drops. "One of the men who we have been able to identify is Rodrigo Pierre. He is known to be the younger brother to the notorious Killer who scarred and murdered students for 30 years at Franklin Boarding School for the Troubled and the Orphaned."

I begin shaking and drop his phone without realizing. I glance up as Jason holds the gun. "We need to hide this. This can never be used again we must dispose of it." He says.

"How?" I ask. God, our prints are on that.

"We need to melt it. I work next to that metal shop a few blocks away. I used to be an employee there and am always welcome there. I can smelt this and attempt to destroy it." He says.

I get up, grabbing his white shirt and buttoning it on myself. Then I notice the blood splatters on his shirt. And the blood on the clothes I tossed. "Jason, you know they will come for us if this is gang activity." I warn.

He rushes to me, grabbing my face into his hands, squishing my cheeks. "We are in this together. We fucking kill these bastards together."

"We can't! Jason, we are murderers!" I cry. Jason shushes me, covering my mouth. "In bed! Yeah, babe!" He yells before grabbing my dresser and slamming it against the wall while making very high-pitched moans. I swat his hand off my mouth. "I don't sound like that," I say through gritted teeth.

"Kind of do." He argues.

I immediately walk out onto the kitchen and living area, to find the whole room trashed. "What did we do?" I gasp. My eyes dart to the white powder smeared on my glass table. "And drugs! Seriously Jason what are we going to do?!" I scream.

"Shut up, Tess." He growls, trying to shush me. "Look something bad happened. Yeah, but it was also for the best." He says. He cups my face in his hands once again, pulling my lips to his. "We can avenge Caley. Our angel." He says.

"By murder? Seriously?" I ask. We should be turning ourselves in. But I know if I suggested that I could be the next one dead.

"Yes, it's the only way, Tess." Jason says.