Chapter 13

"Sex?!" Jason practically cries out. I look around the dress shop we are in and shush him. "Shut up!" I whisper.

"I am not fucking anyone." I say. He grabs my arm, firm but not hurtful. "No one?" He asks, raising a brow. I scoff. "You only," I say.

"Now, can I browse in peace?" I ask, holding up a long deep red dress with a slit on the leg. "How about this?" I ask.

"Hmm." Is all he says as he looks at his phone. "Get whatever you want, I'm buying."

I quickly walk into the dressing room, shed my clothes, and put on the dress. It fits a little too well on my body.

I walk out, leaning against the wall. "Slutty enough?" I ask.

Jason looks up from his phone. And his jaw drops. And so does his phone.

"So?" I ask, biting my lip. He quickly scrambles and grabs his phone and paces a little. "I mean- it's... flattering. Very um...." He pauses and walks up to me, grabbing ahold of my hands.

"You're sexy."

Red is too noticeable. I need something basic. Something to blend in with. "I'm going to get it. And a second in black." I announce, going back to the rack.

It's safe to say that was the dress bought for the evening—the pitch-black dress in the same style.

We pull up to the grand towering apartment building. A building I never realized was only a few blocks from my house.

Jason looks at me. Both worried and scared. We of course had to look the part. But Jason is a country boy and I am into ripped jeans and rock music. Suits, gowns, Rolex watches, and diamond necklaces weighing more than my boobs - not really our style.

We both step out, ditching the old dirty red Ford Ranger behind us a block away from the City of the Rich and Famous. "We doing this?" I ask, looking to Jason. He laughs. "I didn't just spend $12,000 for this getup." he says.

I know people hate the rich. I actually do not hate them. Why should people be sorry for their hard earned money? Even if it is millions they earned with their hard work - what's so wrong about that?

This is different.

This man, at least, murdered a girl for this money. Now I know what you may be thinking: didn't you do the same and take Seth's portion? Well considering the pain they caused I feel this part is justified. Besides, this one is going to charity.

We walk inside and make our way straight it the elevator just as instructed. I walk in. The plan is for me to go in upstairs alone. Flirt. And Jason will do the behind the scenes work.

"I hate this." He says. I quickly step forward, kissing him. "2 hours. That's all I need." I say. Enough time for the fucker to spill his guts.

The door close and I'm left alone. I grab my phone out and text Michael.

"Almost up. Hope you have a drink saved for me. Xx."

It doesn't take long for him to reply.

"Can't wait to see you again. Excited what else you have in your closet other than those tight fuck hot leggings you wore the other day."

I roll my eyes and grumble. Asshat.

The doors open and I quickly put my phone into my clutch.

I walk in, one foot in front of the other. I hear the second elevator open and Jason steps out and begins moving around the opposite direction. I feel out of place in a room full of people and lights.