Chapter 18

I wouldn't be in this office if Jason, Tommy, and Kyler hadn't basically forced me to go. It smells like Purell and laundry detergent.

I look around as people shuffle around. A woman sits directly behind me, sniffling every five seconds. I lean forward, my forearms on my shaking legs. If this bitch doesn't stop sniffing she will stop breathing. I swear.

I never understood the point of therapy. Yes, I have issues. Obviously. I was almost murdered. My best friend died. And I had to take revenge. It's understandable. Now pass me some pills and let me just move ahead. I don't want to talk to counselors, doctors, scientists. They don't know me, they never will. Unless... unless this therapist finds out what I did. How am I going to cover that lie?

"Teresa Gomez?" A woman asks. I look up, a woman stands looking around at the sea of psychos like me. Her brown hair is tightly pulled back. Glasses on her face. I get up, waving. "Here." I say.

"Great! Please follow me." She says, holding a door open for me. The door makes me nervous. It's thick, white, and has a small little window in it. I walk up, quickly going through. "How are you today?" She asks.

"Um.... Still depressed?" I say, wondering if she means in general or my overall mental state. She smiles sadly. "I am sorry to hear that. Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?" She asks. I shrug. "None right now. How about you?" I ask.

She smiles, looking at her clipboard. "Just working." She says, before reaching for a door on her right and opening it. It's a large office with a couch. A man sits there with long curly brown hair in a bun.

"Dr. Williams? Your ten o clock is here." She says, he turns around and smiles. I glance down at his Penney loafers and brown slacks, resisting the urge to lift a brow. I look around at the many many planets in his office. Plants on tables, hanging plants, ivy in the walls. So many plants.

What happens if someone is allergic?

"Teresa! Welcome! Do you like being called Teresa or do you have a nickname?" Dr. William asks as he gets up. He extends a hand. "I go by Tess. Nice to meet you." I say, shaking his hand.

"Lovely! Well please do call me Nathaniel. Dr. Nathaniel also works. Please have a seat." He says, gesturing towards the beige sofa.

I walk over and sit down, sinking into the sofa mattress I have to adjust myself. I feel like I'm actually like... sinking into my own issues.

"So, we are here today to discuss some things going on in your life. Firstly, I would love to hear about you and get to know who you are first." He says.

I sign, looking around. "Um.... I am Tess. I am an only child. I attended Washington's National Boarding School. I went to Grizzly High in the school on campus. I was almost murdered by the notorious killer there. I.... I killed him when he tried to come back and kill me." I start. I take a deep breath. "I lost my best friend Caley recently. She was murdered by the Killer's supporters." I say.

Nathaniel straightens in his seat, putting one leg over the other. "I am terribly sorry for all you have been through." He says. He clears his throat. "For today's session, I would like to deep dive into your experience at the school. How long were you there for?" He asks.

"All my life. I was left at the front steps." I say.

"I am sorry to hear that. How does that make you feel?" He asks.

Typical question. Why can't they re-word that?

"Angry." I say, leaning forward.

"What about it makes you angry?" He asks.