Chapter 15

Jefferson.

Jefferson, Jefferson, Jefferson. What am I going to do with you?

I know his nightly ritual down to a T now. He always takes a nightly bath in front of his naked bathroom apartment windows. His open naked apartment bathroom windows.

Jefferson complained weeks ago about how he needs a new security system. I also know where he hides his spare key, Caley would often go and drop papers off in his office. I know his spare key is hidden beneath the carpet of the hallway. There is a slit hidden in it that blends in with the abstract circles and lines in the carpet.

You may be thinking: why didn't you just add Jefferson to the email? He would have been arrested.

No... no this is personal.

I came prepared. All black, my hair tied back to avoid loose strands falling. Gloves securely on. I even put on men's boots in case I accidentally leave a print. Extra socks on my feet so I can walk.

I make it to the fourth floor of his building. D114

I make it to his door, the last one in an empty hallway. I bend down to the carpet and search for the slit in the carpet Caley used to tell me about. I smile as her voice floods my memory.

"I'm telling you it's odd! He has the key in the floor! In the floor! It takes forever to find it some days. Especially when I'm tired." She said. I remember we just had gotten cafeteria food. First and last time we did that.

"Why don't you take a flashlight to it?" I asked. Caley laughed, throwing her arm around me. "You are a genius! Why didn't I think of that. Thank you Tessie!" She laughed before kissing my forehead and giggling in my ear.

I pull my phone out and turn the flashlight on, searching the carpet. Then I find it and poke my finger inside. I lift the carpet and pull the key out.

I turn the light off and shove my phone back into my yoga pants and start unlocking the door. I push my ear to the door to listen in. In the background I can hear the sounds of an audiobook being read, accompanied by splashing.

I turn the nob after the click of the lock and step inside.

I place the key on the glass side table by the door with his mail resting on it to.

I take a right and head to the bathroom. But I pause to look at the room. It's an open apartment. His bed, kitchen, living room is all open. Big giant ass brown wooden windows on every wall. The windows in upside down U shapes.

I turn back to the bathroom door and I peak in. On the tub is several candles. I eye the hair dryer on the shelf above him. All I need to do is plug it in. I grab ahold of my zipper and pull it down to add my cleavage. I'm going to toy with this prick.

I walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

Jefferson is startled but he looks at me. "Tess! To what do I owe this... magnificent pleasure?" He asks.

"I thought I would stop by," I say, walking over to his sink. "I have some questions to ask you." I say.

He sinks into the tub a little more. "Is this a prank?" He asks. I shake my head. "No... Isaac... it's not." I say.

He smirks as I say his first name. "What questions would you like answered?" He asks.

"It's about Caley." I say.

His smile fades. "Tragic loss she was..." he trails off.

"I'm not here to talk about her death." I say. I smile, stepping towards him. "You wanted her, didn't you?" I ask.