Chapter Six

"And he even has a horse!" Caley exclaims.

I look up at her, my wine glass in my hand and rested up against my cheek. "A horse?" Jason asks, placing his cut up steak in his mouth. I blanked out and I have no idea what's she's talking about, but whatever it is is making her happy. And it's adorable when she's so happy. "Yeah!" Caley explains, cutting up a chunk of lobster and putting it on my plate. "Try it! It's so buttery!" She says. I put my glass down and take a bite. And boy, is she right. "Not bad," I say in between chews.

"Babe try it!" Caley says, holding her fork to him. He tries it and immediately grimaces. "That's disgusting. Too much of a girly entree for me." He says.

I don't know if it's my lack of social skills or the 2 glasses of cherry wine talking, but I snort. "Girly? I didn't realize all lobsters had a vagina." I say. Jason puts his fork down, and in the quiet violin-playing exquisite restaurant we are in; the fork hitting the plate vibrates through the whole room. "Babe," Caley mutters at him from the side of her mouth. She turns to me, smiling, trying to hide the fact he is a cranky bitch today.

"You really do know how to spoil fun do you?" I mutter, taking another sip.

"Oh I am sorry Tessa but I didn't ask for my ex to be at dinner with my girlfriend and I tonight. Typically, when people ask their friend to come along on a date with them, they should use common sense and not tag along like a third wheel." He snarls, shaking his head and looking away.

"Jason you knew what today was! I wanted to take her mind off it!" She says, throwing her hands on her cheeks. Caley has always reminded me of Marilyn Monroe. They share similar features. Her blonde curly hair, fair skin with her smooth puffy cheeks. Her sharp eyes. Today she has her hair curled right so it rests on her shoulders, a tight black dress on.

"What's today?" I ask, looking at Caley.

"The anniversary of when you were attacked, remember?" She sighs, looking at me with big doe eyes.

I gasp looking at them both. "I-I completely forgot." I say, almost unable to believe it myself. After all these years. Today was the day I forgot. Finally.

"That's amazing! These therapy sessions really do the trick don't they! Oh gosh I would love to be a therapist." Caley sighs, taking a sip of her golden sparkling cider. Caley has never been a big alcohol person, she has to be in the mood. I guess tonight she wasn't.

"Therapy?" Jason asks. "You seriously stuck with it?"

"Yeah I am bettering myself. I am sorry that I am not the ex girlfriend that gets hung up on you for the rest of her life, my bad." I say, chugging my wine back.

I go and grab the bottle to refill it but Jason grabs it before I do. "That's enough of that." He says. I scoff, shaking my head. "I'm 23 I am allowed to fucking drink." I say. Sometimes I could just strangle him.

Caley grabs the bottle from Jason and begins refilling my glass, but only halfway. She does it with such class and grace. Slowly gracing her baby pink acrylic nails on the glass. "I thought a nice evening together would be nice for everyone." She says.

"So lovely when she's here," Jason says into his cup.

"Ditto, bitch." I mumble.

"Really enjoying myself here with the nut job, nice." Jason mutters.

"Oh would you just grow a pair?" I ask, shouting at him. Caley stands up, throwing her napkin on the table. "Quit! Both of you. Your acting like children." She says.

"Jason she was attacked. She went through something no one should go through. She has a right to have PTSD and mental health issues. She's also my best friend, and will always be." She says. Then she whips towards me. "And you," she says. "Give him a chance. I know he's an ass sometimes but deep down he cares." She says.