Chapter 12

I jolt awake, a face full of pillow in my face. I sigh, moving to turn on my back. I fall back into a fluffy mattress under me. I sit up, looking around at my room. I glance next to me, Jason fast asleep beside me with his arm resting over my waist.

He opens one eye, smirking. "Hey." He mumbles. I lay back down, propping my head up on my hand. "Please don't tell me we did drugs again and murdered someone." I say.

"No, not this time." He says, resting his hand back on my side.

"Can I say something?" Jason says.

I flip my head on the pillow, curling into the mattress below. "Shoot." I say.

"We started this wrong." He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. His arm slips down my back. He raises himself above me, bringing his other hand to caress my face. "You know that, I know that." He says.

I shift, looking up at him. "I want to do the rest of this right." He says. "I don't want you to stay just because of the body we buried this morning." He says.

Honestly, I never thought Jason had a single bone in his body that would mean he could do the things he did. I, myself, didn't know I was capable of what I did.

"Let's not make this a habit, yeah?" I say. He smiles bringing his lips down to mine. "Your my Bonnie. And I'm your Clyde." He says.

"They both die in the end." I say, frowning.

"Because they were amateurs. Tess and Jason are different. Better." He says. He trails my knuckles with his fingers, his eyes moving to glance at his movements. "One day people will know what we did. When we are long and gone. And we will be looked up to - not them. Besides, I would never cheat on you." He says.

I frown, thinking back to high school. I raise a brow.

"Again." He says. I try and turn around but he stops me. "Jason!" I cry, laughing. He then quickly gets up, pulling the blankets off me. "Come, I have a surprise for you," he says, holding a hand out. I take it as he practically pulls me out of bed.

"What? What?" I say, laughing. He then points to a bag on the counter. A black duffle bag. "What's this?" I ask.

"Open it!" He exclaims, slapping my butt as I walk forward. I smile and laugh, turning to look at him before looking at the bag.

I take the zipper and reluctantly open the bag, scared but excited to see what would be in it.

Inside are hundreds and hundreds of $100 bills. I look over at him, my mouth open.

"Who says they should keep their cuts of the cash he spoke of after what they did to Caley?" Jason says, smirking.

I look back at the bag, pulling out chunks of cash, running my fingers down the side of one stack, and flipping through it. "How much-"

"2,000,000" to be exact. Took a few times with the ATM. Had to rewire it a bit to force it to work. But it worked." he says.

"Jason... we... we can't keep this! It will be traced back to us-"

"No, it won't! The ATM at my old shop used to be jacked. I would fix it often. I know how to disable the tracking. Plus there are no cameras there for miles." he says.

I look back at the bag, pulling out stack after stack. "How would we explain we came into possession of all this money, Jason?" I ask.

He pulls me away from the counter, putting his hands on my face. "Say Caley had a stash she kept and was saving up for years." He says. "The rest was sent to us anonymously."