Chapter 22

Jason gives me a look as I pull the meat cleaver out. We stand before the bodies on the ground. We have plastic covering this room and are wearing black coveralls. I bend down and pull up Jaclyn's arm. I hold the blade over her arm. "Okay, do it," I say.

Jason walks over and steps on the meat cleaver and it slices through. I push as well til we get through the bone and out the other end. Blood spurts and I immediately cover up her shoulder with towels. Jason goes for the other arm and we repeat the process.

I'll be honest with you all, this part isn't fun for me. And yes, I've thrown up a few times.

Jason gets Roberto taken care of while I remove all their teeth, snapping them out the best I can with pliers. Jason then looks at me and almost wipes his face with the back of his hand but stops. "Okay. Bag it." He says. We grab the first layer and shift it so their blood can drain onto the tarps underneath. We wrap them up securely in black bags we put under each limb we were removing. Jason carries the bags to their empty suitcases and puts them on. Their clothes we took out and burned, washing the remains down the sink.

I grab the bloody tarp and carefully transport it to the bathroom. Jason helps me as we lift it and pour it down the tub.

I turn the head on and spray it down. Afterward, we wrap the tarps up and put them in the remaining bags. We take off our coveralls and shove them in the remaining bags. I put on Jaclyn's clothes and Jason - Roberto's.

I put on her giant hat and sunglasses. We grab the bags and the keys and exit the room. On our way out I ensure the box of dye is empty, which I poured out onto the toilet and flushed, and the box sitting in the tub.

We walk out and make it to the elevators and click lobby. We keep our heads down.

"Ready?" He asks, his sunglasses on. I nod. My disguise is better than his so this is up to me.

The doors open and I walk forward to the counter as Jason sits on a nearby couch with a 'migraine.'

"Checking out," I say handing the keys in.

"How was your stay?" The receptionist asks.

I smile. "Great thank you," I say.

The lady smiles and then frowns. "Oh, I do apologize, but your husband Roberto is the cardholder I will need him to check out as well." She says.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"His name is on the card. I do not have your name on the card. I need his permission to run the total and close out your room." She says.

I scoff. I hate doing this she seems lovely. "This is ridiculous I am his wife! We are married his bank is my bank we share it!" I yell.

"Ma'am it's policy." She says.

"I don't care!" I yell, trying my best to not be too harsh. "Is it because I'm a woman and he's the 'man' as so many like to put it? I'm equal to him. Besides, he has a migraine and is hungover. He doesn't even remember his own phone number." I say.

"I-in that case I will need his permission for you to finalize this." She says.

I look over at Jason and snap. "Darling, can I run your card?" I call. Jason gives a thumbs up and I turn back around. "See? He agrees." I say.

She smiles and starts closing us out as I stand there awkwardly. I am a total downright bitch.

Once she's done I walk over to Jason and 'help' him out, holding his head tenderly. We search the lot for what feels like forever for their car. Then we find it and get in. It's a standard black SUV. I look in the glove compartment and find the registration. So they drove here from Canada.