Chapter 17

Leaving Tommy and Ky hurt me, but I knew we had to go. Jason got the call about our new house in Spokane. So, of course, we went. Kyler and Tommy almost suffocated me to death with a hug, and Ky even gave Jason a handshake. I won't get my hopes up, I won't get my hopes up. Ky and Jason are about as unpredictable as a fortune teller.

We pull up to the new home. It's all made of dark brown wood. It's like a cabin but bigger. There is small waist high fencing surrounding the front of the home before it turns to taller solid wooden fencing going towards the back. There is a trail leading to the front door, dark grass in either side. There is what appears to be a garage on the side of the house, a gravel path leading into it. We walk up to the home and to the wooden and glass door. We open it and walk in. On our right is a huge living room furnished with a fireplace on the wall with a TV above it. A brown couch and a coffee table. On the same wall as the entrance is a bookcase.

I glance to the left and see the kitchen. There is storage cabinets on the left hand side. Then there is a break in the wall leading to what appears to be a hallway. And then the kitchen is on the right. A table is in the middle of the left side of the room which openly flows to the living room.

I get a glance at the far wall in the living room, a sliding glass door and a porch. I see lots of dark fern trees. And spider webs. Yum.

Jason takes my hand as we walk towards the hallway. There are steps leading downstairs and steps leading upstairs across each other, and a door in front of us.

I take a peak into the door and it's just the garage. Jason walks in, already excited to make it his "man cave." I walk upstairs and find two bedrooms. A guest bedroom in the first room. And then at the end of the hall the huge master bedroom and bath. It has a jacuzzi tub - which makes me so excited.

I can't help but toss myself onto the bed, covering myself in the fur of the blanket. I don't stay long though. I'm itching to see what's in the basement.

So I walk down the carpeted steps, all the way down to the basement. I am met with a long hallway consisting of 3 doors on the right side. And one door at the very back.

I start opening each door, just to be met with closet after closet.

Then comes the back room. I walk over and quietly turn the handle, walking into the warm - actually - boiling room. It's a sauna.

"Jason!" I yell, closing the door and rushing to find him. I meet him at the kitchen where he talks with a woman, whom I am assuming is the realtor based on how she is dressed and the clipboard in her hand. Her blonde hair in a loose braid, glasses on her face. Her in a jet black skirt, a black blazer, and a white and very tight booby shirt underneath.

"Isn't this home just darling?" She exclaims.

"Tess, this is Tiffany." Jason says. I go to shake her hand but she pulls me into a very very uncomfortable hug. "I am so excited for you two! Hashtag - couple goals!" She yells, her fists in the air as she jumps around.

I bounce my eyes from Little Tiffany one and two.

"Um, usually you should ask before you hug someone." I say, laughing nervously. "It's very nice. How- how much was this?" I ask.

"It was half a million." Tiffany answers. "Hashtag home goals am I right? Hashtag what a deal! This home is usually 1.5 million! But your hashtag daddy got it for half!" She says.

Jason smirks next to me and I have to resist the urge to kick him. And kill her for the daddy comment.

"Well, my boyfriend and myself worked hard for the money we have." If you count hunting down and murdering several men for the murder of Caley -  then yes we worked hard.

"Oh gosh I love it. Hashtag female empowerment!" She says, placing a hand on my arm. I give her my infamous 'Dagger Glare of Death.'

"So, are we signing today?" Jason asks.

Tiffany nods excitedly and places the clipboard on the island counter. It's smooth white marble, a beautiful contrast to the darkness of the rest of the room. I glance up, I never noticed the chandelier above us, multiple crystal balls with lights in them. Or at least it looks that way.

"Chandelier's pretty." I say.

"I know right!" Tiffany exclaims.

"It's very-"

"Hashtag kitchen goals!" She exclaims, grabbing Jason's arm.

Bitch I swear to God.

"Let's get signing." I say, grabbing the pen. I start signing, switching every so often with Jason. Jason gives me a look and I roll my eyes. Nice pick on realtor darling. You sure know how to pick your women. Caley being the only good thing he's ever done. Yes I may be dating him now but I'm allowed to still think he's an idiot.

"Gosh!" Miss Hashtag exclaims. "You have very pretty handwriting!"

"Thank-"

"Hashtag cursive is the handwriting of royalty. And you, hun, are a hashtag Queen!"

Hashtag I am going to stick this pen in your eye.

"Thanks." I say, going back to my signing. Maybe if I act grumpy enough she will get the damn hint.

After we finish we hand it back to her and she then hands Jason some copies of what we just signed.

"So is it ours?" I ask, reaching my hand out and taking ahold of Jason's.

"Yes! Officially yours! And the furniture is also all yours. Because we like to have our clients be hashtag move in ready!" She says. Jason pulls me into a side hug, kissing my forehead. Pretty sure it's mainly to stop me from beating her over the head with the clipboard.

"Awe! Hashtag love birds!" She says.

"Is everything you say a hashtag?" I ask, still smiling through my teeth and trying not to tear hers out.

She laughs and caresses my arm. "Oh you are hilarious! Just trying to stay hashtag relatable! Because our company hashtag does it better than everyone else! Because we are a hashtag new kind of realtor. Because we want you to be hashtage happy for hashtag ever-"

"Oh for the love of God shut the fuck up!" I say, throwing my happy act out the window.

Tiffany's smile fades before she leans towards Jason. "Hashtag someone work up on the wrong side of the bed."

"And soon you'll be on the hashtag wrong side of life if you don't shut up because I will hashtag fuck you up." I say.

Jason pulls me back, reaching a hand to grab mine to calm me down. "Easy." He whispers. Tiffany looks at me with pure horror written all over her face.

"Thank you, Tiffany. Let me help you out." Jason says. Jason gives my cheek a quick peck before he walks out with her.

I saunter around the kitchen, grabbing one of the kitchen knives and twirling it around in my hands. Jason walks back in and spots the knife in my hand. "Okay," he says, closing the door before walking towards me. "I know she was annoying but, you don't need to threaten her."

"Oh I'm not threatening. My teeth are on edge. I want to break hers in." I say.

Jason takes the knife out of my hands and sets it back. "How would you do it? Hm?" He asks, chuckling. I roll my eyes. "Take her teeth out one by one." I say. "Maybe cut her tongue out too." I say. Like it would even be hard, she doesn't know when to keep that mouth of hers shut.

"Scary." Jason says. I swat him on the arm. "Relax, she'll be fine." I say. He laughs. We walk over to the back porch and into the cool night air. The grass is not well maintained. "This is going to need work." Jason says.

"I can see why you only got it for half a million." I say.

Jason chuckles. "Hashtag fixer upper." He says. I start punching him in the arm. "Not funny!"