Ray Of Sunshine

Akk was standing outside a cafe gathering courage to go inside. It had been on some food bloggers video and it looked pretty cute so Akk wanted to check it out but now that he was here, the crowd inside was intimidating him. Of course there would be lots of people since it was quite popular but still he hadn't expected there to be these many. His strength was deserting him, maybe he should come some other day or he could just go to that cafe a little bit farther which is usually not that crowded. He was having an internal debate when a voice startled him.

"Are you going to keep standing there?"

Akk jumped in surprise and turned around to look at the person and guess what, it was Ayan, the last person he wanted to meet right now.

Ayan raised an eye brow, "Are you going in?"

"Um..... I.... Maybe not." Akk ears were bright red signaling his embarrassed state.

Ayan rolled his eyes and tugged Akk's arm to take him inside. Akk was too stunned to resist him and before he knew they were already seated. Waiter was already at their table to take their orders. Akk fumbled through his order further extending his embarrassment. Thankfully Ayan didn't comment on his awkwardness. Ayan had his eyes on phone while Akk observed him. Ayan was handsome, no doubt about that, not drop dead gorgeous kind but rough around edges kind. If you looked at him without actually knowing him, he didn't seem like a cold person. He looked like one of those boys who are popular with their clique and fan girls running after them.

But Akk felt like Ayan carried the world on his shoulder. His eyes were intense in ways he couldn't explain, he wondered if eyes were supposed to express so much.

"Are you done checking me out?"

"W-What? Che-chec-checking out? I'm not checking out anyone." Akk spluttered.

"Sure. The way you were staring at me I would think you were smitten."

Akk wished he didn't blush so easily, it was embarrassing to be embarrassed. And it didn't help that Ayan said all that with such a straight face.

"And now you are pouting."

Akk felt scandalized, "I don't pout."

He bit his lips to stop pouting. Of course he knew he pouted whenever he was embarrassed or upset but he didn't want Ayan pointing it out. Ayan leaned forward and brushed his finger over Akk's lips freeing them from between his teeth. Akk was sure he looked like someone had stupefied him. Ayan had brushed his lips. AYAN HAD BRUSHED HIS LIPS. He felt like squealing but figured it would seem a bit weird so he settled for slamming his head on the table.

Ayan was alarmed when Akk slammed his head on the table, "What?"

"Hmjkkk... Ghhhh.... "

"Are we speaking human language?"

Akk looked up, "I'm embarrassed."

"Why?"

"Because..... "

"Because?"

"I don't know. I'm just embarrassed." Akk huffed.

Ayan smiled at the face Akk was making. Akk couldn't believe Ayan was smiling at him. Not a full blown smile but a smile nonetheless. He looked cute while smiling, Akk decided he wanted to see more of this smiling Ayan. Their order arrived breaking their eye contact.

Akk was sipping on his coffee while he studied Ayan. Ayan was scrolling through his phone acting like he didn't know Akk was staring at him intensely. Ayan was aloof person and he rarely got flustered but something about those doe eyes staring at him innocently did things to him. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he got flustered and he wasn't sure why. It was quite funny that Akk who had no confidence in himself could make someone as confident as Ayan fluster like a teenager. They didn't talk anymore and continued to sip their coffee. Akk moved to the counter to pay for the drink but Ayan beat him to it.

"Let me pay for myself." Akk said.

"No."

"But-"

"You could buy me coffee in return later." Ayan left behind a red smiling Akk.

It was Thursday evening, Ayan was working on his draft for next week when Amber barged into the room looking all wide eyed and excited.

"I have told you to come inside like a normal person. Is that hard?"

"It's as normal as it can get."

"Why are you here?"

"He accepted."

"Who?"

"My boyfriend."

"YOUR WHAT?" Ayan yelled.

"The guy I had crush on accepted my proposal and we are dating now."

"You're not dating anyone."

"Now did I ask for permission? No, I didn't." Amber plopped down on his bed.

"How can you get a boyfriend? Boys are mean and scary."

"You're a boy too." She pointed out.

"And I'm mean and scary."

"Well, I can't argue with that but he's sweet and charming."

"They all are in the starting but soon he'll show his true colours."

Amber rolled her eyes, "Stop stereotyping boys. He has been nothing but kind and sweet to me."

"Shouldn't you be focusing on your studies?"

"I can manage both, big bro. Don't worry your pretty little mind." She ruffled his hair.

Ayan swatted at her hand, "No going out with him after 8 and if he hurts you, you'll tell me immediately."

"Roger that."

Ayan went back to his work but Amber was still hovering over him, "What now?"

"How's it going with that pretty boy?"

"What pretty boy?"

"Don't act dumb in front of me. You were smiling as you gazed at his profile pic."

"I wasn't. He is my producer. They gave me a new one."

"Oooh. Office romance it is."

"Shut up. There's no romance going on here."

"Your ears are turning pink. I didn't believe I'll live to see the day you would blush because of a boy." She squealed in joy."

"Leave now. I have to work."

"Why don't you ask your producer to help you out?"

"I'm seconds away from throwing this chair at your face."

"Aww, I love you too." Amber ran out of the room.