Pillow Fight

Akk woke up first from the nap, Ayan was still lost in the dreamland. It was hard to remember when was the last time he had felt such warmth. Being wrapped in Ayan's arms was something he hadn't dared to dream about and had felt was absolutely out of his reach. Now that he was wide awake and not in shock anymore, the incident hit him hard. He tried to forget it and not dwell on it anymore but it was easier said than done. The wandering hands and twisted sneer was still very vivid in his mind though Ayan's warm embrace kept the demons away for now.

Why did people do that? Touching someone without their consent? Even when they make their displeasure very clearly known? What sort of animal do you need to be to resort to such vile tactic just to satisfy your lust? World is full of people, if someone is really that desperate to get some action they can find someone who's actually willing, why force it on someone who's not? What sort of pleasure do people even get when they see someone in pain, crying and screaming? What sort of monster do you need to be to harass someone like that and not feel even an ounce of guilt? There were no answers for all these questions. He could keep fretting but he wouldn't get one.

He tried to get up but was pulled back by Ayan who had woken up at some point. Ayan stared at him leisurely like he had all the time in the world, no words were exchanged between them but it was enough to convey what they wanted to say. Akk couldn't believe that he nuzzled against Ayan's neck, seeking the warmth and feeling of security that Ayan always had around him. For a brief second he was scared that Ayan would push him away, maybe he was being kind because of the events earlier, more of a pity than anything else. But Ayan just pulled him closer and tightened his arms around Akk, securing him against his chest.

"Well, what a sight to see. Lovebirds are cuddling. Keep it family friendly." Amber screeched as soon as she entered the house.

Akk and Ayan sprang away from each other with such urgency which wasn't a smart thing to do considering they were on the couch. Ayan rolled over and fell off the couch setting off Amber and Akk in fit of laughter. He pouted when no one helped him. Rest of the evening was spent in preparing dinner and Akk hyping Amber as she gushed about her boyfriend. Ayan was chopping the vegetables but stopped short at the sight infront of him. Akk was braiding Amber's hair as she launched into yet  another anecdote about something at her school. They looked so much like siblings spending time together that it made Ayan ache for something that wasn't there yet or may never be.

It was as terrifying as it was wholesome, the way Akk just fit in with them. Like he has always been part of them and had just been waiting to be found. It was a bit frustrating to see him break all the barriers and walls in just blink of an eye while Ayan had spent years building them. He couldn't understand what was he even scared of? Akk would never hurt them, the man didn't have even a single mean bone in his body yet a little doubt lingered in the back of his mind. Did he like Akk? Maybe. Did he want to date him? A little more than maybe. Did he want Akk to be his? Maybe wasn't going to cut it anymore.

He could take his time, right? They weren't in any hurry, they had just met. They could explore whatever was going on between them before they jumped into a relationship. From what Ayan could perceive, Akk had his own set of baggage to deal with. They could wait for the right time. They had just started enjoying each other's company, he didn't want to disturb the fragile peace between them. Akk was a nervous wreck which was confusing considering it wasn't the first time he would be staying at Ayan's place yet he couldn't shake away the feeling that it wasn't same anymore. Whatever they were before wasn't anywhere close to how he felt for Ayan now and if his dating skills weren't that rusted he could kinda guess what Ayan felt for him even in the mildest sense. Ayan may not love him or even like him but he was somewhat intrigued or infatuated with him and for Akk that was more than enough.

He wasn't going to worry about their relationship anymore. Ayan had done so much for him and for the most part he was content with that. All the intricacies of being in bdsm relationship was something he would leave for future Akk to figure out. He was just going to revel in the feeling of Ayan caring for him and being protective over him. Whether their relationship transcend into dating or not wasn't that much of concern for him yet. Friendship was good enough start for him. He was pulled out of his thoughts when a pillow smacked him in face. He was disoriented for few seconds but got his bearing back pretty soon and retaliated with a pillow smash of his own. Ayan couldn't stop giggling as he fought with Akk and Amber who had formed an alliance against him.

Akk was panting as round of laughter seized him as well, a part of him realized it was the first time he was having a pillow fight, something every kid had at least a dozen times in their childhood but he was too busy giggling to be sad over it. Maybe with Ayan he could experience all the things he never got to, no matter how small they were. Unbeknownst to them, Akk's phone was vibrating because of incoming call from Gulf.