An Unwanted Proposal

Akk carefully made his way through packed crowded on the subway, trying his hardest to not brush against anyone. The morning hadn't started on good note. His parents had called him home to discuss something. He was already aware it wasn't going to end well. As he stood in front of his parents house he felt his nerves deserting him. He almost turned around to run away but his brother caught sight of him and alerted their parents. He reluctantly made his way inside and flopped down on the couch carefully gouging out the mood.

"How are you, son?" His father asked.

He was stunned. In his 25 years of living, his parents had never enquired about his well-being so this was quite a shock for him.

"Um... I'm fine."

"How's your job? That cartoony thing."

"Webtoon. It's going alright."

"Are you dating anyone?"

Akk shifted uncomfortably, "W-what? Um.....no...but-"

"Good. That's the reason we called you here. You remember Mr. Kanawut, right?"

"Yeah."

"He is handing over the business to his son as soon as he will get married."

"Okay?" Akk still couldn't see where this was going.

"He proposed a marriage between his son and you."

"WHAT?"

His mother frowned, "Don't shout."

"I don't want to marry a stranger."

"I have already given your contact details to his son, Gulf. He'll contact you soon then you guys can get to know each other."

"But I'm not ready for this."

His father retorted, "Will you ever get ready? We've let you run around unleashed for too long. It's time you did your duty. You're gay and he's a boy, so what's the problem?"

Akk stared at them aghast, "Just because I like men doesn't mean I'll marry anyone out there. Being doesn't make me like all men. It's not how sexuality works."

"I don't care about that. Make sure you don't mess it up."

"But I don't-"

"Be a good boy, Akk. At least for once in your life do something right."

Akk could feel himself panicking, "Please mom-"

"Akk dear, don't be nuisance for us. Do you know how beneficial this merger would be for your dad? Can't you help him just once?"

Akk shut his mouth, swallowing the words he longed to say, he walked out of the house in some sort trance. He didn't register when he reached his apartment or how he got inside and changed clothes. He had intentionally blocked out the world hoping he could pretend all his problems didn't exist, that he wasn't drowning in this bottomless pit of misery. He did it some times when things got pretty hard for him. He kinda shut down and moved on autopilot. Thinking too much would surely push him into a panic attack so not thinking at all may do the trick. Why were his parents like this? How could they just decide something about his life without even consulting him? But then again they have always been like that. They just take decision and run his life the way they see fit regardless of what he wants. His wishes and wants had never mattered to them before and it certainly won't now. Forcing him to marry a stranger was cruel even for their standard.

He didn't want to marry anyone. Marriage hadn't been in his future plans. At least not for a while. Dating itself had been hard for him and from the past records it was obvious he wasn't good judge of character. Marrying a stranger was nothing short of nightmare for him. How was he even supposed to talk with the guy? Maybe Gulf would reject him once they met? From the pic that his mother had sent him, Gulf would surely not settle for someone like him, right? Akk was nothing compared to Gulf in terms of social status and wealth. He could feel the anxiety kicking in so he called Damien. He needed to take the edge off.

"Hi sweetcheeks." Damien greeted him sweetly.

"Hey."

"Is something wrong?"

Akk recounted his entire day and by the end of it Damien was silent, thinking about how to pacify Akk.

"You don't even know the guy?"

"No."

"Will you go through this marriage? Maybe you could convince your parents?"

"They aren't going to listen to me. They've made up their mind. I don't wanna marry him."

"Are you thinking about Ayan?" Damien asked tentatively.

"Um.. No. We aren't that close."

"Yet." Damien added.

Akk fumbled, "I don't think we ever will be. I sent those skirt pics to him by mistake."

"What? Oh god, what did he say?"

"I quickly deleted them and made up an excuse. He didn't say much. He probably didn't see them, right?" Akk asked worriedly.

"I'm not sure. If he had, would that make you uncomfortable?"

"Yes, definitely. He would think I'm weird."

"He would think you're so pretty."

Akk blushed at the compliment, "No. He could be disgusted by all that."

"What if he had saved those pics?"

Akk tilted his head in confusion, "Why would he do that?"

"I don't know maybe to jerk off to the-"

Akk shrieked, "DAMIEN. He would do no such thing and I deleted them immediately so he definitely didn't have time to do anything."

Damien laughed at the flustered look Akk's face, "If you say so. On the serious note, don't marry the guy if you aren't ready. You don't have to sacrifice yourself everytime for others."

"I know, " He sighed, "Can we do a scene today?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I want my head to be empty. I want it to be a bit intense today."

"Maybe it's not the right time. You're feeling emotionally charged right now."

"No please, Damien. I need this." Akk pouted.

"You'll safe word the moment it feels like too much?"

"Definitely. But I know you. You never push too hard. There's nothing you give that I can't handle."

"Oh really? We'll see that tonight. What's your color?"

"So damn green."