Forgetful Hyungs

Seungcheol knew that Minghao wasn't able to go to practice.

After a little convincing (read: arguing with) their manager, Minghao was finally allowed to stay at the dorm under the surveillance of Jeonghan and Joshua.

Sometimes Minghao just had bad days. There was nothing he could do about it. Take an extra dose of medication and he risked an overdose. Do nothing and he had to let the episode pass while the other members did what they could to make him comfortable.

Today was one of those days.

Minghao was to stay in bed, Jeonghan and Joshua checking him every half an hour or so to make sure he was alright.

At first, everything was fine.

Everyone left for practice apart from Jeonghan and Joshua, who checked in in Minghao every half an hour, occasionally lying down with him for a few minutes to make sure he was feeling alright.

It was later on in the day when they started getting sloppy with their routine.

At half-past three, Jeonghan and Joshua forgot to check on him. The two eldest had put on a movie and were too invested to remember to check.

Minghao stayed asleep when he should have been eating a snack to keep his blood sugar up.

The Chinese boy was woken at ten minutes to four, his whole body trembling and sweaty. The bedroom swirled around him and he knew he didn't have long to alert his Hyungs.

Minghao grabbed his glucagon injection kit and ran through to the lounge, his legs giving up just as he reached the couch.

Joshua only just managed to catch Minghao as he fell, the American moving onto the floor to hold Minghao in his lap.

Minghao let out a garbled "Hypo." As he dropped the glucagon shot and his eyes rolled back into his head.

———————

Joshua and Jeonghan were frozen for a few seconds as they watched Minghao's eyes roll back into his head and his body tense up in Joshua's arms. It was only as Minghao's lanky limbs started jerking and he let out some horrible choked noises from the back of his throat that Jeonghan grabbed his phone and called for an ambulance.

Joshua couldn't move. He was frozen as he held Minghao close, making weak attempts to stop him from getting hurt.

He and Jeonghan were the ones in charge of keeping Minghao safe. They were the ones who were supposed to prevent something like this from happening.

They'd failed.

They'd failed, and their punishment was watching their poor dongsaeng unconscious and seizing all because they couldn't keep an eye on him long enough.

———————

Seungcheol's heart sank when he answered his ringing phone to the sound of Jeonghan's distressed voice.

"Hyung. We're so sorry. Minghao had a seizure. The ambulance just took him to the hospital. I'm sorry. We were so stupid. We-"

"Hannie!" Seungcheol cut off Jeonghan's anxious rambling. "Slow down. Now repeat what you said without the apologies."

"Minghao had a seizure. Hypoglycaemia. The ambulance just left. He's gone to the hospital."

Seungcheol sighed. "Alright. I'm going to meet him at the hospital. Just stay in the dorms."

Seungcheol quickly ended the call and called off the remaining hour of rehearsals, telling everyone but Junhui to head back to the dorms.

Everyone was quick to pack up and head down to the car except Junhui, who was dragged downstairs into another car by Seungcheol.