Running in Circles

Minghao hadn't attended ISAC for some time before SEVENTEEN were next invited. They hadn't been as a group since 2016, when some iconic pictures of Minghao curled up in Vernon's arms had been released.

At the time, Minghao had only just received an official diagnosis of chronic hypoglycaemia and he had been very careful to monitor himself.

Now that they had been invited back six years later, Minghao was a little unsure about how to feel. As of recent, he had been seeing a lot of unsupportive fans after more videos of his collapsing on stage or during fan signs resurfaced. They kept going on about how idols had to be strong to survive in the industry. For the most part, Minghao had been ignoring them, but a few times he had still curled up in Junhui's arms and cried, and even once in Jeonghan's arms.

Despite everything, Minghao still decided to attend ISAC with his members and try to enjoy the stressful event.

Seungcheol had been warning Minghao that maybe it wasn't the greatest idea to go to the event. Minghao had already had a few stress-induced hypos in the past month, but still, he insisted that he should be allowed to go and prove himself.

Looking back on everything, Minghao really wished that he had listened to Seungcheol and stayed at home.

Junhui wasn't allowed to attend because his waist injury was still healing, but Minghao's concussion was long gone and he had been feeling better for a few weeks.

Minghao, as a smaller member, had been stuck on the running team with Seungcheol, Vernon and Wonwoo. Other members were doing a few things, archery, football and the high jump among others.

Minghao was thankful to be on the running team. He only had two races, solo and relay. Some of the others had multiple games to do depending on how well they did in their events.

The group arrived at around eight in the morning to start filming, all wearing their provided white hoodies with their name tags on top.

As usual, the group found a place to sit and stayed there, Minghao lying with his head in Mingyu's lap to rest up before his race. It wasn't long before Seungcheol was demanding Minghao took his blood sugar reading, so he quietly headed to the bathroom with Wonwoo to do that.

Once Minghao confirmed that he wasn't in any imminent danger of passing out, the two headed back out to join the rest of the group waiting for their sports.

It wasn't long before Minghao was called for his first run, his solo 100m run.

Minghao had always been a small, speedy kid so sports day had never been an issue for him, and ISAC was similar. Minghao was a good few seconds ahead of the next runner and easily took the gold medal, showing it off to his members with a huge smile.

After that, Minghao settled back down, this time curled up with Mingyu.

Because Minghao's sudden exercise added to Minghao's stress from the comments, it wasn't long before he started getting very drowsy, his blood sugar having suddenly dropped.

When a staff member came past, Mingyu asked for some snacks, but the staff refused to get any for them. Minghao looked up at Mingyu, droopy eyelids and pale face making him look so gaunt.

It wasn't much longer after that that Minghao was called for his relay with the other members.

Minghao was to run last, so he had plenty of time to wait for the others and prepare, but that also meant that he had to try his best to make up for any mistakes the others made.

The baton started with Seungcheol, quickly moving on to Wonwoo, and then Vernon.

Minghao barely had time to register as the baton was brought to him and handed over, Vernon barely a second ahead of the other teams.