Have Confidence

Xiaojun sighed as he watched Going Seventeen on his phone. It was almost midnight and the rest of the group was already long asleep, but Xiaojun had been having auras for hours and wasn't in the mood for a seizure while he slept.

As Xiaojun watched the episode, he noticed something unusual in the background.

Wonwoo had just moved Minghao to sit in his lap, the Chinese boy looking weak and exhausted despite having only been reading for the past hour.

'Maybe heat exhaustion' Xiaojun thought to himself. 'He's wearing a sweatshirt and jeans after all'

He was proved wrong when the camera angle changed.

Wonwoo headed into the tent, leaving Minghao on the floor outside the tent. When the elder reemerged, he was holding a black and white bag with a Kermit keychain on the side. Wonwoo started digging around the bag, eventually pulling out a light blue case. When he opened the case, there were two things, but one of the slots that were obviously meant for something was empty.

"There's only this white box and the cylindrical thing." Wonwoo said, the audio barely being picked up by the cameras.

Minghao shook his head, starting to look a little distressed "No. I packed it all last night. It's definitely there."

Xiaojun kept watching the episode, which had changed from eleven of the members playing badminton and red light green light to Wonwoo and Minghao struggling with something.

It soon became apparent that they were looking for a glucometer which no one had.

By the end of the episode, Xiaojun was shocked.

How did Minghao have the confidence to just show his condition like that? He'd fainted, received an injection from his bandmates and refused an ambulance, and let everything be filmed and aired on TV.

As Xiaojun put down his phone at the end of the episode, he knew it was coming.

Xiaojun reached across and shook Kun harshly. "Kun-Ge, I'm gonna have a seizure."

Kun shook the sleepiness from his head and sat up. "Okay. Lie down and take deep breaths. I'll be here the whole time."

Xiaojun did as he was told, lying down with a soft pillow under his head, Kun gently brushing his hands through the younger's hair.

After less than a minute, Xiaojun's vision blurred and his eyes slipped shut, the world turning black around him.

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Xiaojun finally got the chance to meet Minghao at a show in China.

Xiaojun had been expecting someone quite loud and open who loved the camera. He was rather surprised to learn Minghao was quiet and shy, but outspoken and proud when he wanted to be. He had a perfectly balanced personality.

At first, Xiaojun was too shy to approach Minghao, but a few hours later, Minghao was sitting on one of the couches backstage reading a Mandarin book, black hair falling into his eyes, styled in a shaggy mullet. He was wearing a pair of blue ripped jeans with a dark floral-patterned button-up shirt. He had a black bucket hat covering part of his face, and a pair of glasses resting on his nose. Xiaojun recognised the black and white bag beside him as the one he kept all his medications in.

"Hello. You must be Minghao." Xiaojun said, sitting on the armchair next to the couch.

The other boy looked up, not expecting anyone to come and see him.

"Uh, yes. And you are?" Minghao asked, slotting a bookmark between the pages of his book and setting it to the side.

"Xiaojun. I'm from WayV." Xiaojun bowed his head a little in respect.