Long Road

Late-night drives were never something SEVENTEEN enjoyed.

Having up to thirteen men packed into a minibus for up to four hours was always difficult, especially when everyone was on edge and getting moody.

Tonight was one of those nights. The performance unit had been packed into a small car, all still wearing fancy outfits from their performance.

Soonyoung was still wearing his black blazer, belt loosened and trying to get comfortable. Junhui had unbuttoned his blazer and had kicked off his shoes somewhere. Chan had taken off his blazer completely. Minghao was probably the most uncomfortable in his thick turtle neck and heavy jewellery.

Something Minghao hadn't admitted was that he had been feeling very faint since the performance ended and they were quickly herded into the cars. His bag had been thrown in the passenger's footwell, somewhere around Chan's feet. Minghao hadn't wanted to grab the bag for fear of waking their exhausted youngest.

They were still an hour away from the hotel when Minghao started tugging at the neck of his turtle neck with shaky hands.

"Hao? If you're too hot you can just take off the turtle neck. We've all seen each other naked." Soonyoung said, tired and irritated.

"N-No... Feel faint." Minghao whispered, voice weak and slurred as he shook his head, the movement slightly sluggish.

Junhui caught Minghao as he fell to the side, eyes almost rolling back in his head.

"He's having a hypo," Junhui said, holding Minghao's head in his lap while Soonyoung snatched Minghao's bag from the front and grabbed the orange box.

"How much has he eaten today?" Their manager asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

Junhui shook his head, watching Soonyoung open the box and take out the syringe. "Not enough."

Minghao was still awake, but his eyes were barely open as he watched Soonyoung prepare the injection.

As soon as the injection was ready, Soonyoung stuck the needle into Minghao's arm, but the moment the needle went into his skin his eyes rolled back and he started convulsing in Junhui's arms.

The long needle in Minghao's arm tore a deep cut through his skin as his arm jerked.

"Shit!" Junhui yelled as Soonyoung moved back, pulling the needle out of the deep cut and dropping it.

None of the glucagon even got into Minghao.

"Manager-nim. Can you take us to the nearest hospital?" Junhui called, struggling to hold Minghao in the small space.

Minghao's head kept falling back to hit the inside of the door, and his arms were hitting the seats, legs thrashing in Soonyoung's grip.

The manager pulled off the main road, hoping to look for a hospital as Chan, now awake, helped search on the satnav.

Junhui and Soonyoung kept Minghao as restrained as they could, trying to stop him from hurting himself.

"It's too small in here," Junhui called to the manager, trying to ignore the pained gasps from Minghao. Minghao's eyes were wide open, and looking up at Junhui, moving back and forth quickly. Junhui had to take a deep breath to remind himself that Minghao was unconscious. "If you can't find a hospital within five minutes from here pull over and we'll call an ambulance. The side of the road is better than in the car."

The manager nodded, and when Junhui got impatient two minutes later, he pulled to the side of the road. Junhui and Soonyoung lifted Minghao out of the car which was a difficult task, but after a minute they got him on the grass and onto his side, covering the laceration in his arm with a towel to mop up the blood.