There's a First Time For Everthing

For the seventeen years Minghao had lived, he thought it was pretty good.

He had always had his mother and father by his side, loving grandparents and a big group of friends at school.

Moving to Korea was the most difficult choice he'd ever made.

The stress was a lot to handle. Their dorm only had two bedrooms for the thirteen of them, which made for a very uncomfortable night. Minghao was packed into the room without Junhui, the only member he could hold a conversation with, which meant struggling to ask for anything he needed like extra toothpaste or another pillow.

Within a month of moving to Korea, Minghao noticed something wrong.

His hands were almost constantly trembling and he was always sweaty, and his lips would often start tingling like electricity was running through them. Sometimes the members would make remarks about his irritability or about how he should go outside so he wasn't so pale. The longer the symptoms continued, Minghao would start getting dizzy and sleepy. Minghao would often start feeling a bit better after a meal, but the symptoms would start again within the hour.

After over a month of living like this, Minghao spoke to Seungcheol with his lack of vocabulary and heavy accent, voice especially slurred because of his symptoms.

Only understanding half of what Minghao had said through his accent and heavy slurring, Seungcheol got him a doctor's appointment, understanding that Minghao wasn't well if only through the way Minghao was very weak and his eyes were very droopy.

The doctor took one look at Minghao and told him he had anxiety, giving him a prescription and sending him home.

Minghao knew it wasn't anxiety when the medication didn't work. Every time Seungcheol told his doctor the medication wasn't doing anything, the doctor would tell them it just needed time to work. The side effects were kicking in, but not any positive effects. Minghao had started getting very confused, unable to follow simple things, even when Junhui had translated them. He had started frequently having falls, unable to control his balance anymore and speech more slurred than ever, to the point where nobody understood what he said at times.

It was when things took a big turn for the worse that Seungcheol finally listened to Minghao properly.

Seungcheol was woken up late one night by someone shaking his arm. Seungcheol opened his eyes with a groan to see Minghao standing over the bed. He was pale as the sheets Seungcheol was lying under, hands trembling and sweaty.

Not wanting to wake the other six boys in the room, Seungcheol grabbed Minghao's wrist and dragged him out to the lounge.

"What's wrong."

"Don' feel great..." Minghao stuttered, eyes threatening to slip shut and words slurred much more than usual.

It was the moment Minghao's eyes rolled back that Seungcheol knew he should have listened to Minghao when he said it wasn't anxiety.

Seungcheol instantly grabbed the boy, pulling him closer until his head was resting against Seungcheol's chest. Just as Minghao was lying down properly against Seungcheol, his lanky limbs began jerking, eyes rolling in his skull as his head started hitting Seungcheol's chest.

Seungcheol placed his hand on the back of Minghao's head, forcing Minghao to keep his head on Seungcheol's chest so he didn't hit it. The leader reached for the phone in his pocket, calling an ambulance for Minghao.

Fear was all Seungcheol seemed to feel as Minghao continued convulsing in his arms. It was a struggle keeping him still as he kept kicking and hitting Seungcheol, drool pouring from his mouth and eyes rolled up.