Lost and Found

Junhui was starting to get worried.

Minghao had left the dorm for a late-night practice at almost midnight last night. Now it was nearly four in the morning and Minghao still hadn't returned.

It wasn't unusual for Minghao to practice for hours at a time, but for four hours without texting Junhui any updates was unusual. Every time Minghao left to practise along he gave Junhui some text updates every hour or two. Junhui, of course, always did the same so Minghao wouldn't worry about him.

Junhui was most certainly worrying.

At first, Junhui tried to call Minghao a few times, but every time he called it went through to voicemail.

It was approaching five in the morning when Junhui decided to head down to the company building and find out what Minghao was up to.

Junhui was quick to get into some appropriate clothes for dancing and grab anything he would need before rushing off down to the car.

It was a short drive, only a few minutes. Minghao definitely would have walked the route instead. He always did when he had the choice. The only times he didn't was when he was absolutely exhausted or when he was having trouble with his adrenal levels.

Minghao must have arrived at the company feeling fine, and maybe he had simply decided to take a nap in the old conference room the group had claimed.

It hadn't been used for ages, so the group found a couch and moved out the desks, filling the room with their things or anything they'd need if they stayed overnight. Minghao had filled a shelf with a variety of Chinese and Korean books, while there was a cupboard filled with blankets and pillows, and even a spare futon. It was only a small room, but at least four members could use it at once if they wanted, maybe more if they packed into the room.

Junhui soon pulled up to the building, parking right out the front.

The security checks took way too long, the facial recognition not recognising him as usual, but once a staff member let him in and his bag was checked, Junhui rushed up to their practice room, once again struggling to get into the corridor.

When Junhui was finally in the room, he ran straight for Minghao.

Minghao was lying on the floor near the edge of the room, music still playing and lights on. His watch had been abandoned beside his coat and hoodie, and his bag was on the other side of the room.

Junhui knelt down beside his unconscious boyfriend, rolling Minghao onto his back and pulling him up into his lap.

"Come on, Hao. Wake up for me." Junhui said, giving Minghao a strong shake to try and rouse him while reaching for Minghao's phone and pausing the loud music.

It was when Junhui dug his knuckles into Minghao's sternum that he finally let out a scared whimper, shaky hands reaching to pull Junhui's hands away.

The moment Junhui removed his hands, Minghao fell limp again, so Junhui pressed his knuckles back into Minghao's chest to keep him awake.

Minghao whined, eyes fluttering open as he grabbed Junhui's wrist weakly. His pupils were dilated, eyes wide in fear, and he was so so pale.

"Hao, I'm sorry it hurts but I'm keeping you awake," Junhui whispered, his other hand brushing through Minghao's sweaty purple-blue hair.

Ignoring Junhui, Minghao kept trying to push away Junhui's hand.

"N... Mmh... Stop..." Minghao slurred, eyes screwed up in pain.

Junhui reached for his phone, dialling an ambulance and explaining what was happening. They said the ambulance was on its way and to keep Minghao awake until they got there. Once Junhui was sure help was on its way, he called one of the security guards down by the door to tell them it was alright to let the paramedics in.