We're Always Together

Since Minghao's first hypo with Junhui, Minghao had put himself on full-on protection mode. He was checking his blood sugar every hour and disguising it as bathroom breaks. He was stealing snacks and occasionally getting money from Seungcheol to sneak out at night and buy his own snacks so any of the other members didn't try to steal them.

The other members had been getting suspicious of Minghao's bag. He took it everywhere with him, whether it be someplace normal like the airport or rehearsals, so places he shouldn't need a bag like when they went on short walks around the park.

2016 had been a bitch to SEVENTEEN, with the company struggling with money and the members being overworked to release new albums so the company didn't fall into bankruptcy. All the group did all day was either sit in Jihoon's studio recording music until they lost their voices or push their bodies to the limits in the practice room with Soonyoung.

Minghao had been moving on autopilot for a while, going over dances he knew as well as his own face, although even that was something Minghao wasn't sure of anymore. The makeup stylists kept changing Minghao's looks, adding more or less eyeliner than usual, making his eyeshadow darker and underlining his pretty lips.

In all honestly, Minghao was losing himself in the group. There had been difficult times when he'd been so close to packing his bags and getting the next flight out to Anshan. Junhui had stayed with him during those times, letting Minghao curl up in his arms and cry himself to sleep.

Junhui had been his biggest comfort the whole time, and now that he knew about Minghao's hypoglycaemia, it was much easier. Junhui would remind him to take some snacks and take his blood sugar when he was forgetting. He would buy Minghao extra snacks when he went shopping and he helped Minghao with dextrose tablets when he was having a hypo.

One thing Junhui had been putting a lot of effort into was trying to convince him to tell the rest of the group. It was something minghao had been thinking of for a while but always came to the same conclusion about. He thought it would be a bad idea.

Since Seungcheol and Junhui found out, they had been supportive, but what if the rest of the group wasn't so nice about it. Jeonghan would take the opportunity to stay home and rest with Minghao if the Chinese boy was too tired to do the practice. Joshua could probably be nice about it, same with Wonwoo, but Jihoon and Soonyoung might see it as a burden. Seokmin and Mingyu would probably be great about it. Minghao was like their little brother as their fellow 97 liner. Seungkwan and Vernon would probably be indifferent but Chan might also see it as a burden.

Minghao wasn't worried about the majority of the group, only Soonyoung, Jihoon and Chan. Every time he voiced this to Junhui, he told Minghao he was being ridiculous, that they wouldn't care. He told Minghao that they would try and adapt so Minghao could have a bit more lenience on the dances and he could have a chance to sit out if his body was too fatigued. Junhui told him that Jihoon would also make changes, that he wouldn't make Minghao record if his body was too weak to sing properly.

Minghao didn't believe him. He was still convinced that if he told the group, he would end up being restricted from too many things or that Jihoon, Soonyoung and Chan would consider him a huge liability and try to get him removed from the group so they could keep up with the intense dances and impressive high notes, so they wouldn't get dragged down by the kid who needed to check his blood sugar every hour.

Junhui still tried, telling Minghao that checking his blood sugar so often wasn't even necessary and that if he told the group, he would get breaks at the appropriate times so that he could check his blood sugar and make sure he could function properly.

Minghao knew that Junhui was telling the truth, but for some reason, he still felt uncomfortable about telling the group. It wasn't that the group would kick him out. It wasn't that he thought he was going to end up being restricted, but Minghao still couldn't name it.