Holding Hands

Minghao's least favourite time of year was always winter when there were award shows every week.

So far, his Addison's disease had played up a good few times, most recently at one of the afterparties when he fainted with Shownu and Wonho.

Minghao had promised the other members that he was going to take good care of himself for a change, especially since his episode when Junhui was injured.

Junhui was still off promotions, but his wrist was healed and he was no longer concussed. He'd volunteered to perform, albeit only sitting at the side, but HYBE had told him he couldn't attend the MAMA Awards and was going to stay in the dorm with one of their managers for the evening.

Minghao was sad. He wanted Junhui to be there with them so he could receive awards with them, but he wasn't allowed to, even if he stayed backstage.

After losing his one-man protest, Minghao gave up and packed up his bag to get to the MAMA awards.

When they arrived, the group was immediately guided to the makeup room to get prepared.

Minghao quickly sat down in a chair and a makeup artist did his makeup. It was smoky around his eyes and he was given a darker lip tint than usual, which he did not complain about.

Once his makeup was done, the stylist gave him his clothes. He was given a sheer black shirt with a maroon blazer and velvety maroon trousers. Once he had his clothes on, the stylists did his hair, slightly wavy and falling over his eyes.

Minghao looked in the mirror, smiling softly at himself as the makeup artist added final touches and Minghao unzipped his glucometer to ensure he would be fine.

After confirming that he was well within his healthy blood sugar range, Minghao packed away the case and followed the other members as they moved to get onstage.

Seungkwan gave Minghao a small thumbs up and a smile to tell him he would be great and then they all ran onstage.

———————

Everything went well during their performance, and for once in a while, he didn't feel faint or dizzy when he came off. Sure, his body was buzzing with adrenaline, but he didn't feel like the adrenaline was the only thing keeping him upright.

As always, Jeonghan intercepted Minghao on his way to their dressing room and handed over a pack of sweets and a bottle of water to stop Minghao from suddenly fainting on them.

Minghao gratefully took the sweets, accepting them as an award instead of something he needed to stay upright for longer than a few minutes.

Minghao was about to follow the other members to the dressing room when he spotted Xiaojun wandering around, looking slightly anxious.

"Xiaojun!" Minghao called out, rushing over and taking Xiaojun's arm. "Are you okay? You look tired."

Xiaojun shook his head. "I think I'm gonna have a seizure."

Minghao opened his mouth, looking around for an empty room. "Let's go find somewhere private."

Xiaojun nodded, following Minghao as the older guided him down the corridor until they found an empty room.

Xiaojun lay down on the couch while Minghao shut the door before kneeling beside the couch.

"Just relax. I'm right here for you."

Xiaojun nodded, screwing his eyes shut.

The two stayed silent until three minutes later when Xiaojun's body tensed up for a few seconds before the convulsions started.