The Paparazzi

Alec's POV
   Outfit: Red zip-up hoodie, blue long sleeve button up, blue slacks, brown shoes, blue watch, apple necklace

It's been a few months since the VKs had chosen to be good and follow their hearts. They seem to be doing great. Evie has been hanging with Doug and seems to have started designing clothes. Jay has been doing great on the tourney team, while Carlos is improving, to say the least. Mal and Carlos have been stressed, but Mal is way more stressed. Carlos and I haven't hung out a lot recently since Ben and I have been planning the cotillion and doing our kingly duties. I've tried to start the next list of VKs to get it approved, but there is so much to do. 

"Hey, Alec!" I hear behind me. I quickly turn and see Jane talking towards me with her tablet. I knew instantly that I had a million questions coming my way. 

"Yeah, Jane?" I say defeated. She sits on the picnic table bench beside me. 

"Sorry, I know you have a ton of things to do, but I just have a few questions please?" She smiled shyly. I nod as an encouragement to go ahead. She began asking about party decor and stopped when she saw Ben walking over. She waved and called him over. Ben sat on the opposite side of the table and we started talking about different party decor and things like that. I don't know exactly because honestly, I don't care about what it looks like as long as I get to go with Carlos and my friends. 

I zone back in as Ben quickly excuses himself and walks to Mal who is being bombarded by the paparazzi. He says something to the cameras and the paparazzi now focus their interrogation on the new king. I roll my eyes and excuse myself from Jane and walk over. I only catch the end of the question about 'if he ever thought he or his best friend would end up with Vks'. What kind of question is that?

"Excuse me, but you can ask any of our parents, and they will tell you when you meet your true love you know. So please stop questioning us on who we are dating." I quickly say making them turn to me shocked. They were about to ask more questions.

Fairy Godmother quickly interrupted. "Okay, Shush. Shush! Shush. This is still a school, so if you're here, you're either skipping or trespassing." 

"Just one quick question,"

"Shush, shush!" 

"Fairy Godmother" 

"Shh! Shh! Shh!" FG said as she motioned for them to move, which they thankfully did. 

"Alec, Mal, Ben." Fairy Godmother said to us. 

"Fairy Godmother," We said in sync. She nodded at us and walked away. 

"Whew!" Mal said letting out a exhale, as if she had been holding her breath the entire time.

"Don't pay any attention to them, Mal," I told her with a soft smile. 

"Well, that's easier said than done, right?" Mal let out a nervous chuckle. I gave her a soft sad smile, knowing the girl was struggling. 

"I know. I know. You know, maybe we should do something. We should go somewhere. Get away," Ben said smiling. 

"Yeah," Mal replied. 

"You know, what do-" Ben started before looking at his watch," I have a council meeting. I'm so late." He glanced at me before continuing, "Do you need to come with me?" 

"No, I met with them yesterday, so I could hang out with Carlos today. Sorry." I replied. He looked a little defeated but nodded. 

"That's okay," Mal told Ben.

"We'll- We'll do it sometime...Uhh," Ben said as he was about to kiss Mal on the cheek, but before he could, Evie came and grabbed Mal's arm and turned her. I bit my lip to hold back my chuckle. 

"If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Evie said before looking at Ben and I, "Hi", then looked back at Mal, "Let's go. Let's go." Evie ushered as she dragged Mal away. 

"Bye, Ben. Bye, Alec," Mal said.

"Bye," Ben said sadly. 

"Sorry, dude," I said patting his shoulder and walking away. 

"King Ben! King Ben! King Ben!" I heard someone shout. I glance back and see Ben surrounded by the paparazzi. I silently pray to the gods above that Fairy Godmother is close by and able to save him.

I continue walking to find Carlos and Jay, but I can't find either, so I assume they are practicing or hanging with Mal and Evie. 

I return to my new room, which is located in the castle now. I didn't want to switch rooms, but Beast and Belle were insistent that I be located in the castle if I was going to be King, so here I am. I absolutely hate it. Eric and Andrew weren't here and it is so quiet. 

I turn on the tv and see pictures of Mal with Ben and Carlos with me, pop on the screen.

"As the Royal couples continue their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine," the news reporter stated as they showed a picture of the six enjoying a meal. 

"Six months ago, no one thought that the Kings and their partners from the wrong side of the bridge would last," the news reporter continued making me frown. It's a little upsetting that my subjects didn't think our relationships would work out. 

"Mal and Carlos must be counting down the days until the Royal Cotillion, when they officially become Lady and Gentleman of the Court," the news reporter continued. I began to grin as I also hoped that Carlos was counting down the days. 

The news reporter mention how since Mal announced that she loved strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons of them. I giggled at that because I remember getting a call from Evie about how there were dozens of stacks of strawberry crates outside their dorm one morning and they didn't know what to do with them. I had recommended they eat some and donate the rest to the kitchen, which made strawberry parfaits, strawberry shortcakes, and a dozen other strawberry-related foods for a week. 

I turned off the tv and packed away my things in my bag and headed out the door for my class. 

----------------------

Welcome Back!

Thanks so much for reading! 

Sorry, it took so long for this to be updated. It's been a little hectic and I haven't had the motivation. I am going to try to pre-write as much as I can so that I can publish them and keep providing a story for you guys.

Make sure to like, comment, and share. 

Love, Cassy! <3