The Ring

Alec's POV (Current Outfit above except with red tie)

I paced back and forth in front of the mirror. What if Carlos doesn't want to stay with me when I am a king? What if I'm not cut out for this? I could end up ruining someone's life if I make a mistake. What if I do? Then what? My parents would hate me, my grandfather already does. I can't do this. 

"ALEC!" ERic yelled snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"You'll be fine. Carlos is almost ready and the carriage is out front." Andrew said as he opened the door and left. Aria pulled me into a chair in front of the mirror and finished working on my hair. 

I stood up and breathed a few deep breaths before walking out of my room. I crossed the hall and knocked a few times. 

"Hey," Carlos said as he opened the door.

"Hello, 'Los. You look as handsome as always," I said as I held out my arm for him. He picked up Dude and latched arms with me. 

We walked together to the carriage that awaited us. I hopped in first and then helped Carlos in. 

A few minutes into the ride, Carlos pulls out a small box with a bow on it.

"Umm, Mal and I spent last night cooking out nerves off and made some brownies. You know, for after the ceremony," Carlos said handing me the box. Ben and I were talking the other day and thought that the two had spelled us in order to get with us because they feared they had no chance and they would be giving us the antidote soon. They probably didn't expect for the potion to wash off at the Enchanted Lake, but here we are.

"Thank 'Los. I know I told you that I wouldn't be the person to deny food from a Vk and I know you wanted me to wait, but-" I started and interrupted myself by taking a bite out of the brownie. 

"Wait...Do you feel anything?" Carlos asked as I chewed the brownie.

"Hold on, you have to wait for the anti-love potion to take its place," I joked. Carlos looked at me shocked.

"You knew?" He asked sounding scared.

"Not all princes are Airheads like Chad. The love potion washed off at the Enchanted Lake," I explained. His eyebrows rose in shock.

"So, what? You've been faking it this entire time?" Carlos asked disappointed.

"I haven't faked a thing, Carlos. From the day you fell out of that limo and Jay caused you to have a puppy dog frown on your face, I liked you. I want you to be my partner in thick and thin. Before we get there, I want you to have my ring," I told him holding out the ring. Carlos gasped and began shaking his head. 

"I-I-I can't take this, Alec," Carlos said as he pushed my hand towards me.

"Carlos. I want you to have this. My mother gave me this and a necklace. She told me, 'Alec, when you find someone you love, give them this. The ring with glow bright the closer it is to the necklace when the person wearing it is in danger and the same goes for the necklace.' I have the necklace and I want you to have to ring," I told him. He smiled and nodded.

"Okay." He took the ring and put it on his left middle finger as it was the only finger it would fit on. 

Soon enough we arrived at the castle right behind Ben's carriage. The cheers and trumpets were ear-shattering, but it didn't matter because all I cared about was that Carlos accepted the ring. 

The Ring he gives Carlos