The Countdown and The Reveal

Alec's Pov
Outfit: White long sleeve button down, blue pullover sweater, grey slacks, black belt, brown shoes, and apple necklace

I was walking to my class when I see Jane hurriedly walking towards me. I brace for her to ask me questions, and she did, just not the ones I was expecting.

"Can you ask Mal the decorating question and get Ben's final details about the stained glass?" She says smiling shyly. I rolled my eyes playfully and nodded. She smiled and handed me her tablet, said thanks, and ran off, probably to class.

I found Mal with the other Vks and quickly walked over.

"Hey, guys!" I smiled at my boyfriend.

"Hey" "Sup, dude" "Hi, babe" "Afternoon, Alec" they greeted back. Carlos turned to me and smiled.

"I was wondering- uh," Carlos began, glancing at his friends, "If you liked the... carrot cake last night?" I glanced at him confused.

" I had the pumpkin pie," I told him.

"Oh, cool, Uhm..." He said before turning toward Jay. Jay put his hands on Carlos's shoulders and whispered to him. I shrugged that off. I was about to start asking Mal, but Evie interrupted.

"I have an opening at 3 o'clock. Who wants it?" Evie asks Lonnie and Jane.

"ME!" Lonnie says before anyone else could answer. "Sorry," she says to Jane.

"Perfect! I'll take you later," She said to Jane, but she also winked at me as she and Lonnie walked away. I turned to Mal and smiled.

"Mal?" I asked her, "Jane didn't want to keep bugging you, so she hoped a different face would make it better. Anyways the decorating committee needs more answers and they don't just want the boys' opinion. So as much as I hate to umm... you know... umm." I softly held up the tablet to indicate the tasks.

"Bug me?" Mal finished.

"Right," I confirmed nodding.

"Look, Alec, I would love to help. I just have to get to class," Mal said, as she began to walk away, I made a quick move to stop her.

"I know. This is a lot, so maybe just nod if you like it," I suggest.

"Ok" She agreed.

"Chair swags, entry banner, twinkle lights, napkin design, table bunting, and you still haven't picked out any party favors yet," I said as I show her the options that have been chosen on the tablet.

"Honestly. Alec, whatever-" She began before I interrupted.

"I mean, I already chose what I like they want your opinion. Like we can do chains, key chains, or pen toppers. I suggested the pen toppers, but they said we could do all three-" I interrupted her before I noticed her eyes glowing green. I felt myself fill with fear and took a step back.

Mal looked at me confused before closing her eyes and reopening them to her normal eye color. she gave me a fake smile.

"I say pen toppers," she stated.

"Yeah?" I ask, and she nods in reply. I smile before stating, "Great! You won't regret it." I smiled and began to walk away. I went to type in Mal's suggestion on the tablet when I noticed it was crushed under where my fingers were holding it. I made a mental note to buy Jane a new one, before heading to find Ben. Maybe he knows what's happening to me.

I noticed Ben was with Mal, Evie, and Lonnie, so I waited by his locker until he was finished talking to him. I didn't want to anger Mal anymore.

I noticed Ben kissing Mal's forehead and walking my way. He smiled as he caught me at his locker, but it was quickly wiped away when he saw that I didn't smile back.

He stopped in front of me and asked, "What's wrong?" I smiled at my best friend.

"First, I need your tablet," I stated. Ben nodded and handed his over. I signed in and open the decorating committee app and imputed Mal's suggestions, before pulling up the stained glass layout design.

"They're almost finished with the surprise," I informed him and showed him the design. He smiled at the screen, before glancing at me.

"Make sure her eyes are green," He told me. I nodded before opening a green color chart.

"Which shade?" I asked. I knew which one I would pick had I had to choose.

"Uhh...This one," He said pointing to an emerald green. I nodded and selected the color. Weirdly, it was the same color I was gonna pick, although, it honestly wasn't that weird.

"And Secondly?" He asked me. I looked at him confused for a second before I remembered.

"Uhm... Mal flashed her eyes at me earlier and I guess I got a little scared, because I did this to Jane's tablet," I informed him, as I pulled out Jane's tablet to show it was demolished. His eyes widened in shock.

"Oh, my gods! We should take you to Fairy Godmother's now." He suggested. I nod and he grabbed my arm and dragged me to her office. Thankfully, she wasn't meeting with anybody, because Ben just barged right in.

"My Kings!" Fairy Godmother shouted. We came to a stop in front of her desk, before she continued, "What's wrong?" Ben pulled out the tablet that I had crushed.

"Something is wrong with Alec," Ben said showing her the tablet. Her eyes grew with a look of realization.

"It's starting," she said shocked. Ben and I shared a look.

"What's starting? What's wrong with me?" I asked desperately.

"Your powers from your father," She stated.

"Zeus? Zeus gave him powers," Ben asked.

"He didn't give him powers. He was born with powers, but they are materializing due to his age," Fairy Godmother explained. I was shocked, but not surprised that I hadn't heard about them before due to my father, rarely contacting me.

"What are my powers?" I ask her. Ben nods at her, obviously wanting to know as well.

"Well, seemingly, like your brother, you have strength, but from what I was informed they will most likely be music, teleportation, all-speak, and immortality. You also have something he referred to as the Call of the Gods. I'm not sure what that refers to," Fairy Godmother explains. I nod before looking at her confused.

"Wait, brother? Eric and Andrew have powers?" I ask confused. She softly shook her head.

"No. Your half-brother, Hercules." She said. I stood there in shock for a few seconds but broke out of it when Ben wrapped his arms around me.

"Whenever you first use your powers with your knowledge, your father will...contact you soon after. He wants to help guide you but informed me he will only do it when you know how to use your powers," She informed me. I nod and look at Ben.

"Don't look at me like I'm going to run. I have been with you since birth, and I will be here until we die," Ben said smiling at me. I nod.

"Thank you. Both. For everything you are doing for me," I say to Ben and the Fairy Godmother. Ben and I turn and leave her office. We walk down the hallway towards Ben and I's conjoined office due to us having to do work.

-----------------

Thanks for reading!

I have almost all of D2 finished. I'm working on the cotillion parts right now, so I promise this is going to be getting finished. I hope you all are enjoying it! I'm also starting to plan out how I want D3 to happen and maybe some plot twists for our favorite main character.

Make sure to like, comment, and share!

Love, Cassy <3