The Coronation

Alec's POV (Same Outfit as the last chapter)

I stepped out of the carriage and turned and helped Carlos out. We walked behind Ben and Mal to where his parents were standing. My mom was the announcer for the live broadcasting, my "dad" is somewhere, my grandfather is refusing to come, and my bio-dad claimed that Olympus needed him. I was brought back to reality when a man came to take Mal and Carlos to their seats. Carlos said that he wanted to sit with Evie and Jay because Dude was with him and he didn't want to have him run off and interrupt the event.

"Good Luck!" Carlos said as he and Mal walked off.

"You ready?" Ben asked clapping my shoulders. 

"As I'll ever be," I commented. We took a deep breath and walked side by side towards the doors. We get to the doors that lead to the main hall in the castle and looked at each other. I raised my eyebrows as if asking "ready?". He nodded and both of us smiled.

The doors opened and we held our heads high and walked as the crowd bowed or curtsied and the choir sang. As we approached the podium, Fairy Godmother walked and hugged Belle and took off Beast's crown and placed it beside mine. Ben and I kneeled in front of her. She placed Ben's crown on his head first and followed by putting mine on my head. We looked up smiling at Ben's parents. The Beast lifted the glass jar off of the wand and Belle handed it to Fairy Godmother. 

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy godmother asked. 

"I do solemnly swear," Ben and I said in unison. 

"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new kings-" fairy Godmother began before the wand was stolen from her hands. 

A gasp was heard across the main hall as all the guests backed up from the wand unsafe magic. 

"CHILD, What are you doing?" Fairy Godmother screeched to Jane who had the wand.

"If you won't make me beautiful, I do it my self. Aah! Bibbidi-bobbidi- boo!" Jane said swinging the wand around. 

"Take Cover!" The Beast yelled. Ben had run in front of Mal to protect her, but she ran past him and struggled and got the wand from Jane. 

Ben and I moved in between Mal and his parents.

"Mal? Give me the wand," Ben said. He held out his hand expectantly but she raised it higher. 

"Stand back," Mal told us. Evie, Jay, and Carlos ran into the Main Hall through the doors.

"It's okay," I told her calmly. 

"Ben, Alec. I SAID STAND BACK," Mal yelled. The crowd gasped and took another step back.

"I told you so-" Audrey said taking a step forward. Mal turned to her and she quickly was back with the crowd. The Vks made it behind Mal.

"Let's Go!" Carlos started not looking me in the eyes. 

"Revenge Time," Jay said. 

"You really want to do this?" I asked them.

"WE have no choice, Alec. Our parents-" Mal exclaimed. 

"Your parents made their choice," I began. 

"Now you make yours," Ben told her. The four looked at us in disbelief. Mal looked at the podium where Fairy Godmother, Belle, and The Beast were standing.

"I think I want to be good," Mal said. 

"You are good," Ben told her. 

"How do you know that?" Mal exclaimed.