The Girl Talk

3rd Person POV

Jay parks the limo and everyone gets out. They are walking across the yard. Alec hugs his stomach to hide the hole and blood in his shirt.  

"I'm going to return these to the gym," Lonnie says holding the bag of swords.

"Okay, Thanks," Jay says to the girl. Lonnie smiles and heads towards the gym. Jane notices the groups and rushes over.

"Ben! Alec! There you are. The cotillion's tonight. Come here," Jane says motioning the two over. She shows Ben her new tablet. "Look. This is the stained glass for Mal. Isn't it beautiful? She going to love it." 

Ben looks at Mal who is waiting for him uncomfortably and leans towards her.

"Do you want to cancel?" Ben asks. Jane and Alec looked at them confused.

"Umm, you know what? We can come back but like really soon," Jane mutters about to drag Alec away.

"No. No, no," Ben stops her. "No, no, no. Now's fine," Ben leans towards Jane before looking back at Mal, "Do whatever you need to do." Mal looks down as Ben goes back to Jane. 

Evie moves over and grabs Mal's arm. "We need to talk."

"Yeah," the two girls begin to walk away.

"No," Carlos stops them. The girls spin to look at him. 

"No?" Evie asks.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it," Carlos explains. 

"I'm not," Jay corrects. Carlos looks at him and he just shrugs.

"We're your family too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay?" Carlos tells them. They look at him in minor shock. "Everyone, sit." He says sitting on the ground. The other three look at him confused. "Come on." They all sit down near Carlos. 

"I don't know how to start girl talk," Carlos confesses as they look at him. Carlos looks towards Jay, who shrugs.

"What up?" Jay asks. Evie lets out a chuckle.

"Uhh, well. I'm a mess. I'm such a mess," Mal begins, tears growing in her eyes. "I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies and now everyone wants me to be this Lady of the Court and I have no idea how to keep up the act. I don't know how you do it, Carlos," Mal confesses.

"I don't" Carlos responds.

"See this was dumb," Jay says moving to stand.

"Maybe it wasn't," Evie says. Jay slumps back on the ground. "We're always going to be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. But those are our roots and we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are. And we're never going to be like anybody else here. And that's okay," Evie informs them.

"And we can't fake it," Carlos adds.

"No," Evie responds.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book," Mal retorts.

"Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one. That's why I don't have an act with Alec," Carlos replies. 

"I like that," Evie smiles at Carlos. 

"Give him a chance," Carlos tells her. 

"I'm gonna make some changes to your dress and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you, okay?" Evie tells her. Evie hugs Mal and mouths 'thanks' to Carlos. Carlos nods and stands up with Dude. Jay and Evie soon follow him. Carlos and Evie walk away, while Jay lingers noticing Mal not moving. He sighs and sits back in front of her.