Family Day

Alec's POV

Today is Family Day. The day where I have to play a happy boy in front of my parents and grandparents when I'm not. I'm angry with my mother for not really caring about her three children. I'm angry with my "father" for making us remember that we aren't his every day. I'm angry with my grandparents for not accepting that I like my own gender. I'm especially angry with my father for ignoring that he has three kids who need a father figure. Let's just say today is not a good day. 

I stood with Aria, Andrew, and Eric by the food table as Ben and the "glee" club sang Be Our Guest. Near the end of the performance, Carlos and the other Vks arrived. I waved Carlos over from his spot by the chocolate fountain. He smiled and made his way over with Dude in his arms. 

"Hey, 'Los," I said pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around me after setting Dude on the ground.

"Hi," he says softly. 

"Come I want you to meet my brothers and best friend," I told him holding his hand and walking to where the others stood. 

"Guys, this is Carlos. Carlos, this is Aria, Eric, and Andrew," I introduced them. 

"Pleasure," Aria said.

"Hi," Eric whispered. He's really shy with new people.

"What's up?" Andrew asked.

"Umm, hi?" Carlos said.

"Well, we should find Mom and...Dad," Andrew spoke looking around.

"No need," A voice spoke from behind me. I quickly let go of Carlos's hand and turned to come face to face with my grandfather. 

"Hello," I said taking a few steps back and pulling Carlos with me. 

"Your mother had an event come up and your father is at home sick. They couldn't make it," Grandfather said. Andrew, Eric, and I nod because this always happens. You'd probably think that with our parents being famous and all that they'd want to keep up an appearance, but they don't.

"And who is this?" Grandfather said. 

"Umm...this is Carlos. He's a new kid and we are friends," Eric spoke seriously. 

"Guys, Ben is inviting us to play something called cricket or croquet. I don't remember. Want to join?" Mal came up to us and asked. The five of us quickly nodded and followed her to the field. 

I stood with Carlos as we played with Dude. Eric, Andrew, and Aria were talking over by the tables. Grandfather stood talking to Aurora's mother.

Aurora's mother and my grandfather moved and began talking to Mal, but I ignored it until we heard. 

"You!" Aurora's grandmother shouted. Audrey had joined the two grandparents at some point. so I'm guessing she influenced her grandma's actions. After she shouted, everyone froze to look at the pair. 

"H-How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?" Aurora's mother questioned looking Mal up and down. Slowly, Chad made his way behind Audrey and the two grandparents. My brothers, Carlos, and I joined Mal and the others.

"Queen Leah, it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal," Ben explained.

"Don't you remember our proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" I asked from beside Ben. 

"A chance to what Ben and Alec?" My grandfather asked.

"Destroy us? Come on you remember, don't you? The poisoned apples and the spells. Spells-My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. Her first words, her first steps, I MISSED IT ALL," Queen Leah spoke.