Chapter 3

Melody P.O.V

If possible his voice got even more annoying. Maybe if I just keep quiet he won't know I'm here. No stupid he already knows. My thoughts were having a gigantic battle in my head. Though it's not like I could hear most of the conversation, my heart my thumping to loud. Can't I go one day without another bruise. Can't he just stop for one day.

I heard the frightening thud of feet walking up the stairs. That's when I started to panic. Will he beat me harder for not listening? Will he kill me this time? How can I ever escape here? That last thought slipped out of my mind. What did I mean escaping, and why didn't I think of that before? 

I rushed to my window and yanked it up. I stuck my head out and looked down. DANG IT...................... WHY ON EARTH DID WE GET A THREE STORY HOUSE?! I finally came to a conclusion I would escape in two days. That's when I would leave this blasted place. I didn't want to think ahead of where I would stay. 

I was so lost in the thought of escaping I didn't hear the foot steps stop at my door. I guess it's lucky I heard the door knob turn. Well would you call it lucky, I mean lucky can bring joy this doean't bring joy.............Why do I always over think when I'm nervous?

My door sounded like he broke it off the hinges. I cringed and cowered in the far corner. "Why so quiet.............. oh I remember your my mute freak daughter." My father was one of the hundred people that bully me. He slithered over to me. He stood above me and raised his hand. I cringed already knowing what's coming for me. He slapped me and hard. I fell to the ground. That's when he kicked me five times. Last he punched me in the stomach. I let a tiny whimper of fear out. Oddly enough after that he left. I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, but I knew my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I finally let my tears out. I cried until my eyes stung. I was always a good kid, and always listened. So I'm asking the universe again..................Why me?

I made my decision that night I definitely was getting out of here. I don't care if I'm 17 I'm leaving,Tonight...................... 

A/N Don't you just love cliff hangers. I would like to thank everyone who has read all of this so far. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!