Chapter 22

Melody P.O.V

I wish you could have seen his face it was priceless! His eyes got as big as saucers, and he kept flicking his tail around. I could have died laughing had it not been in this situation. At that moment I knew that I had won. The kingdom could go back to the happy way it was before.

I could go and live with my dad with no worries about abuse. We could have father daughter time, and be a normal family. I would never have to worry about the whole mermaid thing either. I could live on land and be normal. Then I remembered the two people who I couldn't leave...... Ryan and Damien. How could I leave my new best friend who I shared everything with? Who told me everything, and I loved like a sister. How could I leave the guy who turned my life upside down? Who I managed to fall in love with in so little of time. I couldn't leave them not after everything that has happened. 

James kept squirming and yelling through the duck tape. All that thinking reminded me of Damien......... DAMIEN!!!! I quickly found a vase and knock James out with it. I then swam through the now unlocked doors. What I saw snapped my heart in a million pieces. Damien laying on the ground motionless, with so many cuts and bruises. I looked to find all the guards looking at me smiling evilly. "STOP!' All the people froze and I made it so only Damien and I were able to move. I swam to him and held in my tears.

I pulled his head onto my tail and let the tears fall. "It's all my fault" I whispered to myself. It felt like I was crying forever until I felt a cold hand wipe away my tears. "Hey it's okay stop crying princess." I looked down to see the beautiful forest green eyes I loved looking back at me. I sat there motionless until I heard a raspy laughter. Damien was laughing! I just looked at him like he was crazy. He caught his breath and said............... "I thought the guy was suppose to save the girl." That just sent me into laughter too. Here we were two crazy people with frozen guards surrounding us and we were laughing our heads off. 

When he was able to 'stand' up with my help I lead him back into the castle. I took him to where James was and started time again. For awhile we just 'stood' in place looking at him. Then he asked the question I was dreading........"What now, I mean now that it's over?" I sighed  and looked into his eyes. They held hope and many other emotions. "Well I was going to got back to living normally, but I can't now." His eyes now held so much happiness. He suddenly got his strength back and picked me up twirling me around.

He then stopped and pulled me close. "I guess now is as good as a time as any.......Melody will you please do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" I was so shocked all I could do was stay there with my mouth wide open. "Yes!" He then pulled me in to a kiss and in that moment I was truly happy.

A/N I know it's been forever. Sorry I was grounded and busy but here it is now. Sorry it's short but the epilogue will be up soon! That's right Why Me is ending. Don't worry you can still check out my other story Without You, it's about Jack Frost. Soon I will start another called My Escape and if you liked this one you will like that one too.