Chapter 21

Melody P.O.V

I was so scared. More scared then when my mom left me. More scared then when the nurses dragged me out of the hospital room. I was utterly terrified of fighting Trenton's dad. I wanted nothing more than to stay in Damien's arms. Sadly I had to do this. 

I started to think about what I was getting myself into. I don't even know my powers, or if I have any. Well I guess one could be music. Shouldn't I have another though? I thought of all the possibilities, there were just to many.

I decided that I would just go in and fight. I mean I can always just smack him with instruments. Gosh that sounded stupid. I was never going to beat him. I swam into the castle only to have the door shut behind me. I turned around pounding on the door, locked. I heard a loud clapping from behind me.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here."

I flipped my tail to make me face him. James. He pulled out a crystal ball. "You shouldn't have left your boyfriend outside." 

I took a look in it and found something that made my heart stop. Guards were beating him, and he was trying to fight back. He tried to swim away and to hit them, but there were to many. How could I have been so stupid. "Let him go, he never did anything."

"That's the problem he did everything. He stole you little pathetic heart. You were meant to fall in love with Trenton. You two would have been unstoppable together. Sadly you fell in love with that bakery boy."

"Don't hurt him." I tried to sound threatening but my voice cracked at the end.

"Scared are we? You can't hurt me, because you don't even know your powers. I could kill him right now. Just a snap of my fingers, and he's gone." Each word was like a knife to the chest. I already got him caught, but I won't let him die.

"STOP EVERYTHING", that's when time stopped literally. Nothing was moving at all. I think the world stopped turning. Is this my other power?! I could control time! THAT. IS. SO. AWESOME!!!!!!

I went up to James and poked his face. He still wasn't moving. I swam around looking in the drawers. I found rope, duck tape, and handcuffs. I then tied James up with the rope. I pushed him up to a pole and handcuffed his hands behind him. You can't forget to duck tape the mouth. Now how do I start time again?

"Start?" 

************************************************************************************************************