Chapter 20

Melody P.O.V

I knew I had to get them far away from Trenton's dad. I swam with them following to the cave where I was turned. Nobody knew where this was but me. It was far away from the castle too. I just hope nobody finds them.

************************************************************************************************************

Damien P.O.V

I know that Melody is trying  to hide us but I'm not letting her go alone. I have already let her go once, I'm not doing it twice. No way was I going to lose her a second time. She led us to the cave and ushered us all in. Everybody went in leaving Melody and I alone. 

"Let me go with you" I pleaded desperately. She sighed and looked into my eyes. Then I heard her whisper, "I can't lose you." I took her hand and sped to the castle. To late now I guess.

When we came to the castle doors I had an awful feeling. Not for me but Melody. I knew she wasn't going to let me go any farther. This was her battle to fight. In the few days I've known her a lot of things have happened. I saved her and she saved me. I just hope she won't need saving this time.

"I love you." I can't believe I said those words. She was in shock for a minute. Then she said something that made my heart skip a beat..............."I love you too."

I pulled her in for a hug and whispered in her ear. "Promise you'll come back." She smiled up at me. "Cross my heart."

That is when the girl I love walked away. I was so afraid I would never see her again.