♤ Escaping/The lake♤

They didn't leave right away.
Instead, the used the curtain to hide their escape route while they pretended to sleep as Mermista crept into the room to leave a tray of food on a table by the door.

Finally, the lights dimmed. Double Trouble peeked out the window as he remembered that you could see into Glimmers room from there.

She was asleep, with Bow lying across the window seat.

The two captives shared a mischievous smile.

Catra threw the makeshift landing of pillows out of the window.

When they were finally satisfied with it, and sure of their safety, Catra dived out.

She heard Double Trouble snort as they watched. Not even seconds later the two were lying on the mat of pillows, joking and laughing.

Double Trouble was praising themselves for managing to lock the window behind them, as Catra agreed with an exasperated sigh.

'But now what do we do? It won't be long before they realise the pillows we left behind aren't us?'

Catra's reminder rang in DT's ears.

'They're not that intelligent' They groaned as they realised that maybe they were in trouble.

'How about...We can go hide out in the old Horde base now' They suggested.

'Whatever'

Around an hour later, they were in the force captain room that had once belonged to Catra.

'Awww, Kitten~' Double Trouble teased as they dangled a crayon drawing of two young children holding hands. One had a blonde ponytail and blue eyes, the other had spiky brown hair and a tail.

Catra snatched it out of their hand instinctively.

'Mean' Double Trouble pouted.

'Sorry' She didn't sound sorry.

'Want to prank them more while they think we're safely locked up in their little spare room?' DT's eyes glittered as Catra turned to them.

'You bet I do, now let's get planning'

Three hours later, Catra was sprawled across her bed, asleep. DT had decided to create their own makeshift bed by gathering multiple mattresses and blankets from the remains of the old cadet bunks.

'Ahhh finally, its cOmFy' They yawned as they rolled about on their bed. They did try not to wake Catra with her sensitive ears.

'Anyways- Tomorrow shall be fun!' They exclaimed dramatically as they threw their arms up in the air, earning a half- assed grown from Catra.

'Oops-'

And with a final sigh of contentment, the shapeshifter fell into a deep sleep.

The princess alliance was in for a shock.