Part 12 - Love and lust

He had left her there, left her there crying as he walked towards the elevator to go to the main floor to go back to his car. Stevie was wearing nothing but her robe, no shoes, and her hair was a mess from the sex she just had with Tim - he had been the only one that was able to keep her grounded while being in rehab and though her heart belonged to Lindsey, this younger man gave her an ego boost. There was no way that she would let Lindsey just walk away from her, not this way, not this time.

"Lindsey - God, Lindsey, please! I am begging you with my life, don't walk away like this!" she clenched on to her chest.

Shaking, Lindsey turned back around as he pressed the button for the elevator, "I waited for you to contact me this month. I thought that if anyone, you would know that I was divorcing from Kristen because of YOU."

Stevie's bottom lip trembled, "I'm so in love with you. I never meant to hurt you."

"How OLD is he, huh?" he started to walk back towards her.

"Thirty five," she whispered.

"I can't hear you? Did you say, THIRTY FIVE?" his hand went up in the air.

"Yes..." Stevie was ashamed.

Shaking his head, he placed his hands on his hips, "What'd you pay him?"

"What?" she looked at him, shocked and hurt at his question, "Pay? You think I "paid" him to sleep with me?" Stevie walked right up to him, placed her hands on his chest, and pushed him right in to the wall, "Am I not GOOD enough for a man YOUNGER than me? HUH? Am I too OLD? Am I too FAT? UGLY? WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?" her hands balled in to fists at her side.

"That's not what I meant!" Lindsey tried to defend himself.

"You asshole! You fvcking asshole!" Stevie started pounding down on him with her fists, "HE'S IN LOVE WITH ME YOU PIECE OF SH!T! AND HE'D NEVER ASK ME HOW MUCH I PAID YOU TO SLEEP WITH ME!" her chest was heaving as she sobbed.

"Stevie, I —"

"GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! GET AWAY FROM ME! DON'T TALK TO ME, CONTACT ME, TOUCH ME! HOW DARE YOU EVER ACCUSE ME OF PAYING SOMEONE TO SLEEP WITH ME!"

Tim came rushing down the hall as Stevie felt his hands on her shoulders, she turned to fall in to his arms as this younger man protected her, "What's going on?"

"He just accused me of PAYING you to sleep with me," she sobbed in to his chest.

Lindsey couldn't believe what was going on. Stevie was in the arms of this much younger man that could very well be their own son. It looked out of place and deep down...he was jealous, jealous that this younger man had the woman that he loved in his arms, "Stevie, I'm sorry..." he begged as he walked towards them.

"I think you've done enough," Tim said as he held a hand up to keep him from comforting her, "Come on, baby, you don't need to be around someone that can't see the gem that you are," he started escorting her down the hallway.

"STOP RIGHT THERE, ROMEO!" Lindsey pointed his finger at him, "I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING FOR THAT WOMAN! I'VE SACRAFICED MY MARRIAGE, WHICH IS NOW IN SHAMBLES, AND WHEN SHE HAD NO ONE - I WAS THERE! DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT NOT TREATING HER LIKE A GEM BECAUSE I KNOW SHE IS," his voice cracked as he fought the tears, "She's...the love of my life and I want her."

Stevie would not allow herself to look at Lindsey, she was hurt and disappointed that he could even think up such a cruel thing to say. She's never paid a man in her life to sleep with her and at her age now she sure as hell was not going to start. Tim genuinely wanted her, loved her, cherished her and as much as she was in love with Lindsey, he was not proving his words of commitment.