Part 13 - Sly as a fox

It was a week since Stevie had returned home from rehab, feeling energized and now content with what her life was giving her; she was ready for whatever it may throw at her next and anxious to get back to the UK to finish up the rest of the tour. She had been on the phone with Christine almost every day, just going over what she had went through at Betty Ford and how things were at home. The whole relationship with Tim was very amusing to Chris, not because she didn't think that Stevie was worth being in a relationship but the fact that he was so much younger than her and willing to sacrifice his life for her. It made Chris just a tad jealous but she was pretty much over the relationship thing, didn't really appeal to her anymore in her older age; men were just a bother. Stevie could agree that men could be just a bother and she made it known that if it wasn't for Lindsey then she probably wouldn't even be wanting romance. She had so much of it in her younger days but it appealed to her even more in her older age, only because it made sex more passionate; Stevie was all about the passion and being treated with respect. Sex was good but when there was romance, it was even better, and she only had so much time left to enjoy it.

Tim was calling her at home often, he started writing poetry and dedicating it to her, reading it over the phone and making her cry with senitment. It meant a great deal to her that someone would sit down and write just about her and be willing to share it, only Lindsey wrote about her but it was usually extremely sexual with out the romance thrown in. Stevie even started thinking of how she would love to add music to Tim's poetry, not like any of that would ever get released, she'd want to keep it all to herself to have something private of her own. Everyone was always leaking her demos and it infuriated her.

Lindsey wouldn't speak to Stevie, he was being an extremely jealous little boy - so Stevie described him. When he left her party a week ago after her return home, he threw a tantrum and she had to throw him out; told him that she would speak to him when he would be willing to be an adult and understand her decisions. If she could wait around for him and his disaster of a marriage then he could be at least willing to wait on her, not that she was going to spend the rest of her life with Tim, she just wanted to experience something different other than what she had in the past. This younger man was almost like a project for her, helping her understand the beautiful parts about herself that she may not have noticed before. Tim intrigued her and she wanted to see how far the relationship could go.

When Tim got out of rehab he begged Stevie to let him see her before she went over seas, even asking if he could come with her, but Stevie was afraid of how things might end up with him and Lindsey if he did. What if Lindsey lost his temper and they fought over her? What if Tim injured Lindsy being younger than him? Even worse, what if Lindsey fell out of love with her because of her spending more time with Tim than him? So many things were racing through her mind because she wanted to make sure that Lindsey was immune to seeing her with this other man, it hurt him more than she realized.

Since Lindsey was officially getting a divorce, it was everywhere, all over the television and all over the magazines. How could a divorce be the only thing that the music business was interested in? Wasn't his music and him in general more important than what was going on in his personal life? It saddened him that he had worked so hard to be a legend and has been ignored by press until things started happening in a negative way. It didn't seem fair to him and to keep his family from having to be pushed in to the light, Lindsey bought himself a condo that wasn't far from the home; he was going to move himself in there and let his kids and Kristen stay in the house as long as they liked. He would pay for whatever they needed except would no longer help Kristen pay rent for her own business downtown, that was going to be all up to her now to keep up with.

Before Stevie and Lindsey ended up going back over seas, she spent a few nights with Tim at his uncle's vineyard, there was a beautiful little cottage that his uncle kept for himself near his business and Tim asked Stevie to stay with him before she left the country. How could Stevie refuse that? It was an escape from her reality.