chapter 1

Jing Sheng forced open his eyes tired, his body felt heavy as if there was this unspoken weight crushing him, as a steamer he was often tired from looking up and searching demands about the old days to feed the new generation's curiosity. Being as old as he was, his son demanded he take breaks but he couldn't for a second. It's quite a shame for a young man like his son to be lecturing this old man about health. Jing Sheng was by no regards weak but recently the young fellas were demanding more teaching of the old ways, what bushes were editable, how to make cheese and so on. So of course he'd do utmost to fulfil their demands, but he should take a rest since it resulted in him fainting on live stream.

"*sniffles* mama don't die"

Jing Sheng was snapped out of his thoughts by the sounds of sniffles and sobs, he looked around to see two malnourished children. Did his son adopt homeless children?

Looking at their clothes that were filled with patches and holes, the poor children looked hungry. He felt pity for these children.

"Mom! You're awake! Jianyu, go get some water!" The elder male child orders

The other nodded as he ran off quickly, Jing Sheng brows furrowed 'Mom?' It was now he began to pay attention, looking around. This was not his home, his house may not be the largest in his country but certainly it wasn't this small nor was it in such bad shape. Where was he? Was he kidnapped? But the children. He tried to get up but there was a slight pain in stomach. He held it but paused.

"Mom? Are you hurting? I'll rub your tummy"

The child put his hand on his tummy, Jing Sheng was in shock. Why was his tummy so large? Why was this kid calling him, mom?

He looked at the back of his hand; they looked way younger than his! What's going on?!

Soon the younger child came in with a small bowl of water and gave it to him, he looked at it ready to drink when he saw his reflection he was so shocked he dropped the bowl then held his head when a headache struck.

"Mom!" Both yelled scared

A collection of memories that was not his soon went surging through his head, the memories were quite painful as he recollected them while trying to organise them.

Jing Sheng or this body's Jing Sheng was a beautiful gent, he stayed in Chen Village after his parents sadly passed away. This was also the place he fell in love with his husband Chen Chuanli, a handsome but not extraordinary man compared to the suitors that Jing Sheng had. Luckily for Jing Sheng Chen Chuanli felt the same and so the two married moving into a cottage a distance from the village this was were the two happily stayed until Jing Sheng became pregnant for the first time with their first son Chen Jinhai. It was a happy period for the two as Chen Chuanli was a huntsman and labourer, Chen Chuanli loved Jing Sheng to the moon giving him and their little son the best treatment possible and Jing Sheng fell victim to the heavy affection that was given to him.

Jing Sheng had no complaints and both were happy in both lucky times and bad times as long as they had each other they say and few years later they had their second child Chen Jianyu as if their love couldn't shine any brighter their lives where a fairytale at that point, playing with kids enjoy the days together catching butterflies buying toys upgrading the house eating meals, fishing, sewing what they wouldn't do together. But sadly the good times had to come to an end as the empire had to go to war and an issue was sent out demanding an ageable male from each family to join the war.

Jing Sheng was terrified as the only ageable male within the family was his husband Chen Chuanli, not only that but he was the breadwinner in the family if he goes then the family suffers. With this thought he and his husband refused sternly, but this was law and no one could run from the law.

The villagers not wanting any trouble reported Chen Chuanli and the officials came for Chen Chuanli taking Jing Sheng's husband by force, both Jing Sheng and Chen Chuanli struggle but as a result the men knocked out Chen Chuanli unconsciously when he proven to be too much trouble and took him away.

That day the family was distraught, and from the shock of having his husband snatched away from him Jing Sheng went mad. Jing Sheng became miserable but he had to find food for the children fishing and farming with what he learnt from his husband but upon one day working hard Jing Sheng collapsed on the floor learning before his husband was taken he had left a little life inside what was supposed to a joyous moment was already miserable how could he feed this little one when his barely feeding the other children?

As if it couldn't get any worse, as the war went on food started to decline and with the winter there wasn't much fish, but to protect his children he did his best as he tummy grows and the times went on they barely managed to survive the winter, and they were all malnourished and underweight, Jing Sheng believed strongly that his husband would survive the war and return to them where he belongs so he held on protecting their children until he returns.

But with the work, surviving was proving to be a hard struggle as Jing Sheng fell asleep and sadly it was only another Jing Sheng that had woken up inside his body.