chapter 20

Holding Jing Sheng arm over his shoulder Le Yan orders his first born gent to go call his mother and the rest to carry the stuff as carefully and hurriedly carries back Jing Sheng. 

"Brother in law, no need to panic, I'm not in any pain, you'll worry the children" Jing Sheng tries to calm him. 

Jing Sheng really didn't feel anything he thought he'd be in immense pain but gladly he felt relieved he feared he has yet to come, since soon the contractions will begin. 

It wasn't long until they reached Jing Sheng's home where granny Chen and another woman were there, her tummy was rounded and slightly bulged, clearly pregnant but not much. Jing Sheng didn't know if the tummy was small because of malnutrition or she was in the second trimester but clearly she was here with three children other than Chen Taio.

They look either one or two years apart one being slightly younger than Chen Jianyu the other being Chen Jianyu size and the oldest of the three looking around 8 years old. And now she is pregnant again with their situation Jing Sheng thinks the husband would have some modesty. 

"Mother in law, sister in law, greetings," Jing Sheng was ready to ease off Chen Jinhai when the old lady Chen stopped him.

"No time for that inside, Ah Yan goes inside to find comfortable things to make sure he is comfortable. Ah Ling, I know you're pregnant but please prepare something for the children to win and son in law as well he needs to be able to have enough strength when he's ready, Taio watch the children." 

Each hurry to do their respective duties, Jing Sheng sits on the bed holding his tummy while rubbing it. "Little one is ready to come see the world, hmm?" 

He could hear the shuffles in the other room when little Chen Jianyu came in along with Chen Jinhai. 

"Mama, why is grandma and uncle in such a rush?" Chen Jianyu asks while resting his head on his mother's tummy.

"They are preparing," Jing Sheng answered, stroking his hair.

"Preparing for what?" 

"Preparing to welcome your younger sibling" 

"Little sibling is coming? LITTLE SIBLING IS COMING?! Jianyu is going to be a big brother?!" 

Jing Sheng smiles at Chen Jianyu who's face flushes with happiness, he soon runs outside.

"I'm going to be a big brother! No more Little Yuyu, it's big brother yuyu now!"

Jing Sheng chuckles then looks at Chen Jinhai who is studying, "are you nervous?" 

He could see that the little one seemed a bit on edge. 

Chen Jinhai raised his head awkwardly, "will you be alright?" 

"Hm?" 

"Well, sister Lan who recently gave birth… well, she went to another place when giving birth… will you leave mom? Will you be taken away?" 

Sometimes, being ignorant is the best thing that could happen to a child. Ignorant of the cruelty that's in this world or the pain and suffering, blissfully ignorant and happy. 

"Bao Jin, come here" Jing Sheng taps the side of his bed.

Chen Jinhai puts down the old book then sits beside his mother, Jing Sheng wraps his shoulder around him then gently kisses his temple. "I'll be fine, I promise, I can't leave you and I won't dare. I'll put up such a great fight that even the great reapers will yield before me and call me Laozi!" Jing Sheng grins brightly showing him the peace sign.

Feeling relieved Chen Jinhai smiles brightly, he looks at his mother's tummy then gently rubs it softly while smiling at it.

As time passed Jing Sheng was starting to feel those contractions coming, though he tried to remain as calm as possible he couldn't ignore that the pain was something otherworldly and it wasn't long before late night came and he went into labour.

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!!!"

"Come on, son in law you can do this! You've done it twice!" The old lady Chen said. 

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHH" 

Jing Sheng is in immense pain, it feels painful;  too painful, he can't feel nauseous from the pain. Le Yan grabs a bucket as Jing Sheng turns his head to throw up. 

"BLEGH!"

'I can't do it, I can't! I can't! I can't!'

"Brother in law! You must stay strong for the children! It'll be over soon!" 

'Liars! My ex wife stayed in labour for

10 hours!' 

His body feels horrible as if it's gonna break and tear apart soon, this is hell– no! Hell has more mercy.

Jing Sheng is crying all while sweating and even though Le Yan was wiping his sweat it shows no signs of ever stopping, Jing Sheng sees his life played out before his eyes. 

Jing Sheng wants to be released from this suffering, shaking his head in refusal as the old lady sweats at her son in law's refusal to push. She is worried neither the mother or child will make it. 

"Son please, it'll be over soon if you just push, thing of yours your husband… little Yu will complain if no one is there to run to when he misbehaves and Jinhai—" 

Upon hearing Chen Jinhai's name, Jing remembers the earlier conversation. He did promise to put up a great fight didn't he? 

Daring to face the pain, Jing Sheng had no choice but to push.

"URRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHH!!!! AHHH!" 

"That's my good son in law come on, you can do it!" 

Jing Sheng pushes at the command of his mother in law, he was starting to feel dizzy headed as he turns to vomit again.

Outside late in the night was Chen Da Peng and his son Chen Ming. The kids who were waiting outside away from the chaos looks up seeing the old man stomping his way up here. 

"Witch! Witch!"

"Ai Liling come out!" 

The old man and boy stood at the gate raging up a storm, old man Chen Da Peng kept using his cane to beat against the fence to make unsavoury noise. 

"Chen Ai! Go call your mother and grandmother NOW!" Chen Ming yells at his oldest child. 

"Y-yes" 

Scared of the angry look on his father's face he ran to call forth his mother who was sitting in the kitchen after cleaning up. 

A/n

See you next month bye 👋😃

Oh you constellation are free to comment your frustration here.